Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Does Cigar.com not sell Viaje?

The title should be pretty self explanatory.

Comments

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't think so dude. But give the fellers at CCOM a call. Doesn't hurt.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Nope...don;t really care either, tried almost the entire line....meh. Love the Super Shot to death and will buy a box when I can, or fivers if I ever see them. The oro reserva no 5 is on the bucket list.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    In my opinion, you're not missing much. I'm sure they probably have some good blends, even a broken clock is right twice a day, but from what I've had...the chase isn't worth the catch. Just so it doesn't sound like I'm picking on Viaje, I feel the same about the exclusive/limited crap Tatuaje puts out too. If it's that much harder to get than everything else, why not make it that much better too? Mini-Rant over
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Pm to you OldBlue.
  • Options
    Yeah, I only have had one that I've enjoyed. The Skull and Bones FOAB (Father of all Bombs) was pretty good. Had a decent mocha flavor and packed a punch. I had one from their regular line the other day, and was unimpressed. Even as an amateur smoker I could tell you to steer clear from them haha.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    I enjoy late harvest and holiday blend 2011. Haven't really had any others.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    +1 on the holiday. I really like the recent summerfest, but I haven't tried any of the others yet (there a few sitting in my humi back home that will probably find their way to the fire soon after my return).
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    In my opinion, you're not missing much. I'm sure they probably have some good blends, even a broken clock is right twice a day, but from what I've had...the chase isn't worth the catch. Just so it doesn't sound like I'm picking on Viaje, I feel the same about the exclusive/limited crap Tatuaje puts out too. If it's that much harder to get than everything else, why not make it that much better too? Mini-Rant over
    You sir, are correct in every word you stated above.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Lmao tell us how you really feel. But in all honesty I feel like they are over hyped by people! They remind me of rocky patel in that they aren't bad but you just expect a lot more from them
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I only like Viaje Oro Reserva #5, Viaje Oro Delicado Reserva and Viaje Platino Reserva #6. They are excellent medium to full bodied smoke with little aging. Usually I like medium bodied cigars with complex flavor and long finish. Strength is not what I enjoy in a cigar. Viaje is more popular to them who enjoy bold cigar. It is a personal preference. However, Viaje Oro Reserva #5 and Viaje Platino Reserva #6 are my top non-Cuban cigars with 1-2 years of aging.
  • Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    j0z3r:
    Joe, I'm with you 100%, but with way more apathy instead of a rant. I understand that there is a collecting side to the this hobby and thats more the customer they are targeting. So since thats just not my thing so they aren't really targeting me as their customer and therefore, I'm not really targeting them to try or making any sort of effort to track some of this stuff down. So for me its not a rant, its just a bit shug of the shoulders and a "whatever" kind of attitude towards them.

So far, I've had the Viaje Platino I picked up from a B&M and a Skull N Bones I got from Sporus. So I don't have the biggest base to judge a company on, but to me they seem pretty hit or miss.

The Platino was just like 100 other cigars out there, except it came with big expectations, a fancy label, a foot ribbbon to take off just so you knew it was supposed to look good, and a guy in a suit on their website with flames coming out of his hands. So when the wrapper fell off, I put it down less than 1 inch into the smoke. It wasn't the worst cigar I've ever had, but it was just a waste of time, so looking back on it, I guess I'm glad the wrapper fell off so early becuase it convinced me to toss it, go back inside and grab something good.

But the Skull & Bones (no clue which one, had the white lettering and looked to be about 4.5" and mid 50s rg) was a really good cigar. Perfect for the mood I was in this past weekend, while studying, it had a wonky burn, but the draw was awesome and it tasted great, so who cares about the burn. And thats where the problem sets in. It was a really good cigar, so I'd love to grab a 5er of these guys, but they just don't exist after about the first hour their on sale, so it was a cool experience that I wouldn't have had without Shawn (thanks again man). I do want to try the super shot, since I do shoot clays but aside from that, thats sorta it on Viaje for me, unless I stumble across some more of their limited blends at B&Ms, which is unlikely becuase they are by definition, HTF.

To me it feels kinda like the Raiders trying to attract new fans to fill that stadium, with all the blackout rules becuase they can't fill the stadium, if that makes any sense. It would be nice for folks to watch them on TV a little before taking the plunge for tickets. Maybe the new 85% rule will help.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    They are still considered Boutique due to their patchy availability. CCOM seems to have your big names and the only Boutiques they carry (atleast on the site) are ones they have partnerships with. Good example is Ramon Bueso.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    j0z3r:
    Lmao tell us how you really feel. But in all honesty I feel like they are over hyped by people! They remind me of rocky patel in that they aren't bad but you just expect a lot more from them
    Yeah, I do feel that way about a lot of the hard to find limited stuff. Though some Tat's I have had I really do like and they are mostly the limited stuff but not all of them. I hate having to chase things all the time.