Home Non Cigar Related

Vinyl

ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
I've been working on piecing together a nice home theatre system, I saw a decent looking old Capehart turntable at a thrift store for $15, so I decided I might as well include it in the system.

Same shop had a bunch of albums for $1 each, so I grabbed a 5 lp Elvis set, Best of Peter, Paul & Mary, The Music Man original broadway cast. Went down the street and picked up a new needle for $10. Then I went to Best Buy and picked up Abbey Road and Clapton's Slowhand. I called my dad and talked him into giving me all his old vinyl (Rolling Stones, Beach Boys, Beatles, *** Dale, etc). Now I'm on Amazon getting original pressings of Jimmy Buffet's Changes in Attitudes/Lattitudes, Elton John's Greates Hits I&II, and The Best of Lovin' Spoonfull. Listened to Abbey Road and The Music Man last night, they sounded great.

I'm out less than $90 and have a new way to pass the time while I smoke cigars. I'm think about wiring the receivers "zone 2" outputs to a set of speakers on the porch where I usually smoke. Anyone here like to listen to their music on vinyl?

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    That right there is some kick a$$ music scrambler I don't care who you are !!!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Ive got a few hundred vinyl albums from when I was younger.. I still put them on from time to time, but it is so much easier to listen to music uninterrupted. I do enjoy the sound of vinyl albums though..
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I do have some serious cash in my stereo, but not vinyl. Vinyl is warmer and "more musical" in my humble opinion. I just didn't figure I would buy albums and CDs. I do have a linear tracking Revox turntable that I probably spent about 600 bucks on 20 years ago. I hooked it up, but it's not working. I really never used it much and should have it fixed....

With that being said - I smoke in the garage or on the deck. If I am in the garage I have a little portable I listen to...
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I have about 80 records, most I have never heard of. I bought them at a shop in phx a few years ago for 10 cents each. I wanted some bachelor pad decor, now the largest wall I have in my house is covered in record album covers. I had a record player, not sure what happend to it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have one album on vinyl:

Pink Floyd, The Wall.

i think i have a few 45s around here. my turn table is out of action though. Im gunna try and fix it soon.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I have a few vinyl records, just so happens my favorite rock group (U2) still puts out thier records on Vinyl.

"Long ashes my friends."