Home Ratings & Reviews

The most perfect burn

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
I smoked a JR Ultimate over the weekend, and I have let you guys know that it had the most razor sharp burn I have ever had on a cigar. All the way down to the nub too. It was a great smoke, one to remember. Not bad for a store brand cigar, I will be getting some more.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If you want to see a razor sharp burn, grab a La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1, I haven't had a burn line waver yet. Also the Perdomo ESV burns impeccably.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    If you want to see a razor sharp burn, grab a La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1, I haven't had a burn line waver yet. Also the Perdomo ESV burns impeccably.
    Hey Joe.. You just helped me decide on my next smoke.. La FlorD.C.C#1 it is..
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Glad I could help. You smoke one of those Perdomo ESV's yet?
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Glad I could help. You smoke one of those Perdomo ESV's yet?
    Yes I did... About two weeks ago I burned one.. The first half was great flavor/burn but then I couldn't keep it lit. It went out three or four times till I had to lay it down.. I think that one was to close to the beads without cello on .. I rotated them around and plan a new burn soon.. I did enjoy it very much, just wanted to spend more time with it..
    Bummer deal. I have only had one burn go awry with the ESV 2nds, no idea why it did. Hope your next one fares better. I really do like those cigars...I'm half tempted to go burn one right now.
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    One of the best burns I've had was the nub cammi.  I was really worried about the burn line on that thing, since it's so short.  I kept thinking, "if this thing gets off, this thing is toast", but it never wavered.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    The LFD CC definetly burns even until the wrapper falls off of it.
  • smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    The best burns i have had have come from RP edges. I love these especially the maduro I will have to go pick some up once i get some mula cant wait for that.
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    I don't know what you're talking about...if the wrapper fell off, then you must have done something wrong...that cigar is perfect. :D
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    nsezell:
    One of the best burns I've had was the nub cammi.  I was really worried about the burn line on that thing, since it's so short.  I kept thinking, "if this thing gets off, this thing is toast", but it never wavered.
    I've had nub cammies and habs of various sizes and I know what you mean about the concern, but each and every one I've had has burned pretty much flawlessly.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I just finished a Oliva Serie G natural that had the most straight-edged burn I have ever seen. It looked like someone layed it on with a chalk line.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    I don't know what you're talking about...if the wrapper fell off, then you must have done something wrong...that cigar is perfect. :D
    I just had the 3rd one of my career last night and the first that the wrapper stayed on. It did get a little help from my pectin bottle though. HOWEVER, they all did come from the same box which was sitting out at the LFD event I went to a while back.
    Strange. All the ones I've smoked, 7-8, have been from the same box and have all performed flawlessly. Maybe that was a dud box so they put it out at the event. :)
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Luko:
    nsezell:
    I've had nub cammies and habs of various sizes and I know what you mean about the concern, but each and every one I've had has burned pretty much flawlessly.
    Only time the burn wasn't razor sharp on a Nub was when I was smoking with about a 5 to 10 mph breeze that couldn't figure out which way it wanted to blow from. Even then, it didn't effect the smoke.