Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Bring back the Smoke 'N' Post!!!

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Hey everybody, Remember when we did this a few months ago? I really enjoyed it and think we should revive it. In case you don't know what it is, I'll explain. Each week a cigar is chosen to be smoked. The emphasis is on picking a cigar that many people have. We pick a day and time, say Saturdays at 9:00 est, for example, and anyone that wants to participate lights up the chosen cigar. While you are smoking, we have a thread started to share your views on the cigar as you smoke it. I thought it was a really interesting way to get a whole bunch of peoples thoughts on a particular cigar. You can get 10 reviews of the same cigar all in one thread. Even if you don't participate, the thread provides a really cool review of the cigar from several viewpoints. Also, I believe the biggest issue is picking a cigar each week. If I ask for input, everyone is just going to throw out a bunch of ideas and we don't really get any closer to picking a cigar. I think it would be cool to just have someone be elected each week to pick the next weeks cigar and just assume everyone will try to pick a cigar that is pretty popular. We should also decide which cigar we are going to smoke by Monday so that people have a chance to get one by the weekend if they don't already have one. How does this all sound? Who's with me?
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it, and I agree with your method of selection.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed
  • Options
    Lift603Lift603 Posts: 253
    great idea
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    This is a good idea. Can't wait to be a part of this.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All hail Megatron!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    This sounds great and thanks for being the catalyst here. I would live to participate.
  • Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    sounds cool. I'm in.
  • Options
    Alright, it sounds like there could be some support for this. I think I'll take a look in the cooler and see what I have and post a cigar to smoke next weekend. I think each week we should get a volunteer from the group of participants to pick the next weeks cigar. I thought Saturday at 9:00 EST would be good, but that puts it at 6:00 for the west coasters. Would another hour later be better or leave it at 9 and if people come in late, obviously it would be fine. I don't know, so some feedback on the timing would be helpful. I'll pick out a stick and get it posted no later than Sunday night. Thanks for all the support so far guys, I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Great job tony. I would love to participate. Maybe we can even do one of these at one of our herfs
  • Options
    Trident:
    Great job tony. I would love to participate. Maybe we can even do one of these at one of our herfs
    Absolutely! It's always interesting when a bunch of people are all smoking the same thing, but getting very different flavors and experiences out of it.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Alright, it sounds like there could be some support for this. I think I'll take a look in the cooler and see what I have and post a cigar to smoke next weekend. I think each week we should get a volunteer from the group of participants to pick the next weeks cigar. I thought Saturday at 9:00 EST would be good, but that puts it at 6:00 for the west coasters. Would another hour later be better or leave it at 9 and if people come in late, obviously it would be fine. I don't know, so some feedback on the timing would be helpful. I'll pick out a stick and get it posted no later than Sunday night. Thanks for all the support so far guys, I really appreciate it!

I would love to get in this. I will be spending much more time at home in the upcoming months and will be able to enjoy the hobby a little more. I guess my .02 would be... Why not have a weekly line up. Week 1 = Cigar a Week 2 = Cigar b ..... and so on. This would give some of the guys a chance to pick one up or even have one sent to them. If we are given 3 weeks notice thats is more then enough time to get a stick from a B&M or to a deserving BOTL. Just an idea.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I could manage to find time for this in my schedule lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Logistics are always important. Just a suggestion here sir.

1. Tally all names and assign each member a week.
    2. Give each member a few days to come up with their cigar for their week.
    3. Begin the first week.

this will allow everyone to know when they're up and what cigar they will need for all weeks. Yes, this induces some organizational challenges and time constraints, but a little work in the beginning may make things easier and more enjoyable in the long run. While this is your baby, I would be happy to assist in anyway. I already have my cigar picked out and have 3-4 I can share with those that need it. Again, I defer to your judgement as it may be easier on everyone to just play it by ear depending on who can participate during any given timeframe.
  • Options
    All of these sound like great ideas. Let's plan so we can start it up soon. I'll help plan if needed.
  • Options
    James, that's a great idea. I'll take this Saturday, Aug. 4th. If you already have a cigar picked out, would you like to take the next week, Aug. 11th? Roman, would you like to spearhead Aug. 18th? I think we might be herfing that day anyways! That should get us started. Let's see if there really is some support for this when it actually comes time to light em up. I did a quick search to see which cigars were smoked in the previous Smoke 'N' Posts. I figure we should avoid these ones. They were Diesel UHC, Undercrown, My Father Le Bijou, MOW Phalanx, and DPG Blue. I hope that is all of them. I'm thinking for this week, I would like to do the Tatuaje Brown Label (seleccion de cazador, if you want to be technical). The particular vitola is not important and it would actually be interesting to see what different people get from the various sizes/shapes. If there is no objection, I will see all of you on Saturday lighting up your Tats! I'll start a new thread for the event during the day on Saturday.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can do that!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I have one with a few years on it that could be burned soon.
  • Options
    I got one ready
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Only tats i have are cojonu's
  • Options
    JHewey:
    Justin, you sayin I need to bomb you again? Lol, is the cojonu very different from the normal line? I don't think I've smoked one yet.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    JHewey:
    Justin, you sayin I need to bomb you again? Lol, is the cojonu very different from the normal line? I don't think I've smoked one yet.
    No you dont..lol and i never had regular line..lol
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    James, that's a great idea. I'll take this Saturday, Aug. 4th. If you already have a cigar picked out, would you like to take the next week, Aug. 11th? Roman, would you like to spearhead Aug. 18th? I think we might be herfing that day anyways! That should get us started. Let's see if there really is some support for this when it actually comes time to light em up. I did a quick search to see which cigars were smoked in the previous Smoke 'N' Posts. I figure we should avoid these ones. They were Diesel UHC, Undercrown, My Father Le Bijou, MOW Phalanx, and DPG Blue. I hope that is all of them. I'm thinking for this week, I would like to do the Tatuaje Brown Label (seleccion de cazador, if you want to be technical). The particular vitola is not important and it would actually be interesting to see what different people get from the various sizes/shapes. If there is no objection, I will see all of you on Saturday lighting up your Tats! I'll start a new thread for the event during the day on Saturday.
    My cigar was a tat as well. I will pick a new one but won't have any to share. I will take next week for sure.
  • Options
    James, I would have no problem switching this weeks cigar and doing a Tat next week. Let me know.
  • Options
    Nope, not having it. I will pick something else. Thanks though.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is that decided then? Tatuaje Brown Label, Saturday 4th at 9pm?

Yeah, I'm not finding it on c.com.

I'll check at the local B&M.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I gots one I'll check hopefully I can dig one out!!
    Money can't buy taste