Home General Discussion
Options

Xikar Warranty Question

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Anyone had to send in their lighter/cutter? If so, how was the experiance? I bought an Executive a week ago and plan to order a Xi3 cutter, but then I saw the following thread. http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/2/283509/ShowThread.aspx

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I love my I3 cutter. I sent my 007 cutter into them a year ago and got a replacement, took about 3 weeks. I need to get my duel lighter to them, damn thing only works once and a while.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    You can also try to see if your local shop has the item, if they do you can try to bring it to them and say, yeah it's not working well and sometimes they will swap it for you. I did that on my first I3 cutter as I didn't want to wait.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    The best warranty and support on cigar related items period. One of my dig hygros was acting up they sent me a new one, didn't even ask me to send mine back because it was an older style one...they just sent one no issue...
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    The best warranty and support on cigar related items period. One of my dig hygros was acting up they sent me a new one, didn't even ask me to send mine back because it was an older style one...they just sent one no issue...
    I need to send both mine in... they aren't even that old. I was wondering if hygros were covered
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    My b&M just swaps them out for you then deals with xikar themselves
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive had no problem sending back any Xikar product. i sent back a 007 punch. a week or so later i got a new one back. i was very happy with it.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have several Xikar cutters. One Xi3 and 2 Xi1 cutters. I prefer the Xi1's.
    Only my newest one has not been sent in for warranty.

The Xi3 went in for a broken spring and the Xi1 went in to be sharpened.

Package the cutter into a small box or one of the shipping envelopes and send it off to them.
    The turn around time is usually about 2 weeks.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    I think it was fate I asked this. I've had my Xikar Executive for about a week and already it's not working.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I have a lighter that needs to be sent in, but I have to be home long enough to do it.
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    I have a lighter that needs to be sent in, but I have to be home long enough to do it.
    Send it here and I'll do it?
  • Options
    MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    I had 2 Xikar Executive hated both. I traded up to the enigma and the XTX double flame. My B&M lets you trade up and just pay the difference in price.
  • Options
    MESKC:
    I had 2 Xikar Executive hated both. I traded up to the enigma and the XTX double flame. My B&M lets you trade up and just pay the difference in price.
    You know, I was thinking of getting a dual flame anyways. I'm looking for one with a built in punch. I'm also looking at the XIKAR Triple Tech Lighter.
  • Options
    If you are looking for a dual flame and a built in punch I would have to say go with the Element. It also has a fuel window and a good sized tank from my experience. I've had mine for more than a year with no problems and it's definitely the best lighter I have bought. The first light I had was an executive lighter and was happy with it until I noticed that I would need to refill it after 2 or 3 cigars. Same problem with a triple flame I have because that really rips through butane, but I attribute that to the 3 flames AND a small tank. The Element is definitely my go to lighter no matter what. I've found the double flame is just right and it's not overkill even for a smaller ring cigar.
  • Options
    Rain:
    marineatbn03:
    Wish I could. I can't send anything out from my location.
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    Rain:
    marineatbn03:
    Pigeon coming your way.
  • Options
    Rain:
    marineatbn03:
    Rain:
    marineatbn03:
    Pigeon coming your way.
    That will be one tired bird