Options

Gurkha opinions

I just ordered a 5 pack, and I'm looking for some opinions on what to expect:

Signature 101 Maduro
Micro-batch TPB-1
Legend
Master Select
Black Dragon

Anyone had any of these? Hate them, love them?

Comments

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I personally loved the Legend perfecto and only had one black dragon and remember liking it. Gurkha has been very hit or miss with me though. Haven't had any of the others.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I, too, liked the Legend very much. Haven't had any of the others, but have had some other Gurkha's that I liked. Let us know what you think once you smoke them,
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I have not had any of those yet, but it's been about 50/50 with them being good or garbage with me so far.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    i LOVED the 101 maduro. Have a legend in the humi, will get to it probably this weekend. The 101 had an awesome flavor and an abundance of natural sweetness.
  • Options
    thizzcorethizzcore Posts: 48
    ive been thinking of picking up a gurkha grand reserve as its all my cigar store has. any opinions?
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    One of my favorite Gurkha's. Med. bodied, some complexity but the flavor profile doesn't change that much. Definatley worth a shot.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I like the black dragon and the legend torpedo. I don't think I've had the black dragon robusto but I have had the 8.5 incher which is good. I have one of the 7 inchers at home. Can't remember if I have had on that size or not.
  • Options
    thizzcore:
    ive been thinking of picking up a gurkha grand reserve as its all my cigar store has. any opinions?
    Depends. Are they the grand reserve in the tube or not? The ones in the tubes are cognac infused the others are not. I liked the cognac infused. The others were lacking a little on taste.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    The legend was probably my favorite of all of them.
  • Options
    thizzcorethizzcore Posts: 48
    rwheelwright:
    thizzcore:
    Depends. Are they the grand reserve in the tube or not? The ones in the tubes are cognac infused the others are not. I liked the cognac infused. The others were lacking a little on taste.

they are in the tube. and prices at 27.00
  • Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    Ive had the sig 101 and the legend. I'll stand by the legend 100%, its one of ghurkas best. Sig 101 isnt bad either, but...expect more of a milder sweeter stick there.

Not qualified to speak about the other 3, however i have heard good things about some of the micro-batch blends.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Thanks everyone. Looks like I'll owe everyone some reviews quick like as there are three that no one seems to have had. I'll keep everyone posted if I ever get them. Taking a little while longer than normal.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    thizzcore:
    rwheelwright:
    thizzcore:

they are in the tube. and prices at 27.00
    really? wow that's a huge price! the gran reserves are usually about 12 or something. The royal reserves are spendy about 25 or more.
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    Thanks everyone. Looks like I'll owe everyone some reviews quick like as there are three that no one seems to have had. I'll keep everyone posted if I ever get them. Taking a little while longer than normal.
    I've had all that you mentioned just don't remember some of them. I have only had one each of the micro batch. The sig 101 I have only had one. The master select I've had a couple of and they were ok.