Home Ratings & Reviews

Nicaro seleection

ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
Any one try these? There on the daily deal right now and im thinking of picking them up. I thought i remember reading that these were blended for the european market but i cant find that article.

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only had one, but plan to buy more. If I hadn't just opened a box from CCOM, I'd be on this one.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    I've only had one, but plan to buy more. If I hadn't just opened a box from CCOM, I'd be on this one.
    Might have to pull the trigger then. they sound interesting.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I picked up the 5x2 sampler. Not a bad stick, but I think they could benefit from some age. The Seleccion I smoked still tasted a bit raw and green. I'd say go for it. Let us know what you think.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    I picked up the 5x2 sampler. Not a bad stick, but I think they could benefit from some age. The Seleccion I smoked still tasted a bit raw and green. I'd say go for it. Let us know what you think.
    Raw and green...I'm thinking back on it, I do remember thinking "this reminds me of AJ's 'Fresh-Rolled'". Not quite 'raw', to me, but I'm decidedly thinking you're on the right track with the aging. I still enjoyed it quite a bit as it was.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    Had the sampler. Not impressed in any way. Good book though.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    christian1971:
    Lol the reason why I haven't tried these is I've read some of the guys articles...they seem to contradict eachother and can't figure out what the guy is really about
    Money can't buy taste
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    christian1971:
    Lol the reason why I haven't tried these is I've read some of the guys articles...they seem to contradict eachother and can't figure out what the guy is really about
    Not quite sure what you mean. Book talks bout all phases of cigar making.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    christian1971:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    christian1971:
    Not quite sure what you mean. Book talks bout all phases of cigar making.
    He's written some articles before the book came out. Most of the articles just have different info in them when it should be the same. It's hard to figure out where he stands by reading them
    Money can't buy taste
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bad cigar. It definitely can use some aging.
    I agree with the others on the "green" part.
    It's one of those that they could have aged at least another 6 months before sending them out and they'd be better.
    Just my opinion.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.