Home Ratings & Reviews

Smoked em'

smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

Decided to post my first review ever tonight. I went my a MF El Hijo ( the son) tonight. I chose this stick tonight because today would have been my fathers 56th birthday today...he passed in 2004.

this cigar comes in a 5.5x 52 box press with an unfinished foot which makes lighting it a breeze. I used my xikar soft flame and the first puff produced that great DP pepper that I enjoy so much. This cigar has been in the humi since 2011 and after about 10min the sticks starts to smooth out in a very good way. Tons of smoke output and flavors of oak start to appear. Burn is perfect no touch ups needed which is the usual for me when smoking cigars from DPG. At the half way point I am met with pepper once again. I usually draw to often on my cigars which causes my cigars to get hot however, tonight I pacing myself as I am in deep thought of memories of my father and thinking about my 2 girls.

as I start the final 3rd I start to pickup sweetness and even a hint of mint ( which is my favorite flavor in a cigar). Cigar ended with mainly woody notes. Overall I really enjoyed this stick. The Le Bijuo is still by far my favorite DPG but this stick did not disappoint one bit. Still have a few left in the humi that I will revisit at a later day and time.

I will give this stick 3.5 out of 5 smoke ems!!

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Royln, appreciate your review!! Keep it up!!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Short and sweet, great job brother.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Great review. I was gifted one of these by Robyras. It was the first MF i ever had and it was fantastic. Kinda wished i never smoked it though cause now i want to try all of the peppin stuff.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks fellas..hopefully I can review other sticks and be able to give a bit more detail..gotta start someplace right??
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Nice review and tribute to your dad.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I really dig the El Hijo and Le Bijou. I get the same flavors you hit on, but haven't gotten the mint. But, we all know that taste is subjective. Last one I had gave me a bit of raisiny sweetness. Nice review, man!
    Sounds interesting have to give one a try if I can find one. The only minty cigar I've had was the Frank jr. That was a mint bomb some you could even taste the mint before it was lit.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaetano7890:
    Sounds interesting have to give one a try if I can find one. The only minty cigar I've had was the Frank jr. That was a mint bomb some you could even taste the mint before it was lit.
    Only other stick that I have tasted mint on has been the EPC short run 2012.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Great review! I think MFs are becoming one of my 'go-to' brands. I've tried a 'regular' MF and a smaller Bijou. Think I like the larger one better, but overall, they're one of the few cigars I smoke nearly all the way to the end.
    raisindot:
    Great review! I think MFs are becoming one of my 'go-to' brands. I've tried a 'regular' MF and a smaller Bijou. Think I like the larger one better, but overall, they're one of the few cigars I smoke nearly all the way to the end.
    Next time you pick one up try the Lancero my personal favorite in the my father line if you like pepper threw the nose can't be beat.