Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Piedra Brevas

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
So I fired one up this morning and am rather enjoying it with coffee. FYI, these are about $2 a stick and are short filler but handmade with tobacco from the Vuelta Arriba region. I'm not sure what factory they come out of, but I will research it further as that region isn't prominent. So...without giving a grand review, I had it with coffee. The burn is a bit funky, which I expected, and the flavor one dimensional. It's got that bean, cocoa, habano thing going on and I am quite surprised at the retrohale. The profile is pleasant with coffee.

The construction isn't the best, and the draw takes a little work. However, I want to chew this *** up. This is a yardgar Clint Eastwood chewing stick and I love it. For the price, it's worth it for the finish and lack of palette fatigue. It's as good as any $2 nc/dc. It burns a little fast, and picks up on the bitterness on the end as a result. Being a fan of habanos in general, I'll be buying a box when my vendor has them and this gives me confidence to try some other cheap brands. I'm not looking for complexity at this price point, I'm looking for finish. I don't think I'd try a smaller ring gauge, for fear of plugging. So that's my "Brevas" review lol.

If you'd like to follow my formal reviews and cigar escapades, you can do so on Twitter @CatfishBluezz #catfishbluezz for pics and check them out at www.robbyrasreviews.com.
imageimage