Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

My first Nub

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
Had the Connecticut Nub tonight...some thoughts...

Tough as hell to get started...had a nice middle burn but had to relight to get the whole thing going.

Nice flavor...toasty..

Burned a little uneven

Stronger than I expected...maybe because I haven't eaten much today but this one hit me a little.

Believe it or not the middle third was the best for me...and the final third...the first third was just ok

Smoked it to the nub

Overall it was fine but not one that set my world on fire...

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    this is actually my favorite NUB. (the connie)

now that I think of it "toasty" does come to mind.

i should pick one of these guys up again.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    The connie is verrrry good in my opinion. Try another, maybe the burn problems were a fluke. I also like the Habano and am eager to try the maduro!
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Jetmech_63:
    The connie is verrrry good in my opinion. Try another, maybe the burn problems were a fluke. I also like the Habano and am eager to try the maduro!
    well you might just get that chance sooner rather than later...
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    Jetmech_63:

Schwing!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Jetmech_63:
    cholmes8310:
    Jetmech_63:

Schwing!

Cha Ching !!!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I like the connie, have a box of them. I tried a Nub maduro for the first time today, and it was really good. I'll have to smoke another and take some notes as I've had a couple Oliva V's since then. I do remember it was really sweet, some mild spice, medium body. The wrapper was sweet on the tongue from the very start to the end, and the smoke was creamy with maybe a hint of pepper and mocha.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    The Connie is my favorite nub.
    I like the larger ring sizes better than the smaller ones. (Of course I have a 1/2 box of Conn 354 hanging around, the smallest ring guage)

I split a box of Nub Maduro and I think they need a few more weeks of rest on them before I pull out another one to smoke

• Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I've just had the Habano and the Maduro. Habano is in my top three cigars right now; I'd say it's there with the Oliva V, and the Don Pepin Cuban Classic. The maduro was very good, but I think for the money, I'd rather go with something else, since it's a bit pricey compared to the Habano.
  • Options
    JKTexJKTex Posts: 92
    I've been a Connie fan for a while.  It's my breakfast smoke; it and a 4 shot latte'.

I had a box of 354's then got another box of 358's.  Yesterday I got a box of Maduro's.  My NUB-idor is half Maduro and half 358 Connie's and my big humidor hold the 10-15 mixed NUB's that couldn't fit in the smaller dedicated NUB-idor any longer.  Big Smile [:D]

I definitely say try another and hopefully one that's rested a while in a good humidor.  Both are great smokes, burn very well, lots of smoke and overall are very enjoyable.  The Habano and Cameroon are good but just not for me.  I still have some of each I need to smoke so who knows, since they've been resting for a while, they may be even better now.  All are very smooth with great flavor.  On an empty stomach the Cameroon might hurt you though; it did me.  LOL

The Maduro however, is addicting!!  And, depending on where you buy, they are marked way up compared to the others, but no everyone is marking them up like that.  They are a few $$$ more per box but you don't need to be paying anywhere near $5 or more for Maduro's.  It's finding places that have started getting them in finally, or in stock.  My favorite online sources have been good luck.  Big Smile [:D]