Home General Discussion

Are these worthwhile?

dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
(Edited to add some line breaks.. the editor on this forum sucks)

I have 3 cigars left from the sampler my wife got me for Father's Day. Must have been an all-Altidis sampler. I know nothing about these three remaining cigars... anybody try them? What can I expect?

Playboy (Altadis, not the Don Diego one)
Trinidad 100th Anniversary
H Upmann Vintage Cameroon (probably the cheapest of the three, but I have a feeling I will really enjoy this one)

I'm not particularly interested in the Playboy cigar, because I have little faith in any cigar that needs to rely on another brand to generate appeal (i.e. Sopranos).

Comments

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I expect the Upmann will be good, duty. Don't know anything about the others.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Well the best sure way ( in my opinion ) is sit on the porch or deck or lawn chair and conduct a personal test.. Never tried a Playboy ,, didn't like the Trinidad ( not a 100 th ) Have enjoyed Upmans, although I find them mild, sort of like a Macanudo..
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    kaspera79:
    Well the best sure way ( in my opinion ) is sit on the porch or deck or lawn chair and conduct a personal test.. Never tried a Playboy ,, didn't like the Trinidad ( not a 100 th ) Have enjoyed Upmans, although I find them mild, sort of like a Macanudo..
    That's the plan.. I'll follow up later when I've had the opportunity to try these... probably hit the Playboy and the Upmann after I get back from Colorado (9th of July)... I'll save the Trinidad for later in the summer.
  • sdipsdip Posts: 406
    I have a box of the Vintage Cameroon Petite Coronas and have smoked a few. Very consistent and good quality. Think you will enjoy it.
    Well I hope you find some time to enjoy a few more in between.. with so much great stuff out there you need to get 'a smokin'....
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    kaspera79:
    Well I hope you find some time to enjoy a few more in between.. with so much great stuff out there you need to get 'a smokin'....

I'm trying! :)

I probably won't smoke any while I'm out in Colorado. Although the people we're visiting are the ones I smoked with when I first started. Best case, I'll pick up something mild that I haven't tried yet for the guys in the group one of these nights (RP Connecticut?). Anyway, the wife is headed out of town with the kids for a week in July, so I'll be able to play catch-up. I've got a couple Onyx Reserve waiting as well, and I plan to share one with my climbing partner one of those nights. My memory of the Onyx is the whole reason I decided to get back into smoking. I'm taking notes of everything that comes up in this thread, and sooner or later I'll get around to trying them all. Thanks for all the input everyone. As I try more stuff, I'll post it up to give you all a better idea of my taste profile.
    It's nice to get a new ( voice) in the forum.. enjoy the vacation time too..