Home Ratings & Reviews

My Father LE 2012

The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
I looked for a thread pertaining to this ,,couldnt find,, anyone try this one??? thoughts??

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    If you like the other MY Father lines you will probably like this. I had it a while back, and didn't think it was too bad. I really don't enjoy the line all that much but I did like the conni wrapper one that was a shop exclusive. I do think the LE was a bit more polished.
    Here's a review I found, sums it up about right, though if I can remember right I didn't pick up much cream or nuts and hardly any dark chocolate. http://www.halfwheel.com/review-father-limited-edition-2012/
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I smoked two. It is like as usual MF- overpowering spice and black pepper, not complex. 2010 release was the best MF. However, if you can age them 4-5 years then it will be more enjoyable smoke. With current price range I will go for other cigars.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    rzaman:
    I smoked two. It is like as usual MF- overpowering spice and black pepper, not complex. 2010 release was the best MF. However, if you can age them 4-5 years then it will be more enjoyable smoke. With current price range I will go for other cigars.
    Agreed. The 2011 doesn't even compare to the 2010, the LE2010 is one of the top 5 cigars I have ever had(coming from an MF ****)
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Well...I am 100% sure the LE2011 was not the same blend as LE2010. The 2010's nuttiness, caramel and moca sweetness, floral flavors and aroma were very robust and distinctive compares to the 2011 release. A little bird told me that Jamie is pushing this LE thing not Pepin. Some cigar makers cannot stick with the core line...sign
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    rzaman:
    Agreed. The 2011 doesn't even compare to the 2010, the LE2010 is one of the top 5 cigars I have ever had(coming from an MF ****)
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I got a 10 of these off of Cbid recently, the 5X42 size. Don't know what year they are since the auction didn't say, but I like these very much. I can't compare them to earlier years, but they're just as spicy and full-bodied as the standard MFs, and I prefer them over the Bijous and Flor de las Antilles.
    So you made me smoke my other one I had in the humi.... I did like it better after it has sat in my humi a bit, but like others have said not really complex and I still didn't get a nutty/vanilla taste. IMO it's not worth the price, get a padron 80th or family reserve.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    So you made me smoke my other one I had in the humi.... I did like it better after it has sat in my humi a bit, but like others have said not really complex and I still didn't get a nutty/vanilla taste. IMO it's not worth the price, get a padron 80th or family reserve.
    Thank you all for your thoughts!!! I passed on em before I created the thread and feel better bout doing so. I opted for the La Palina Pasha,, both were around the same price point, I really have a hard time dropping a twenty on a stick, especially when I know theyre are a t6on of sticks in the ten dollar range that I love.
    The Kid:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Thank you all for your thoughts!!! I passed on em before I created the thread and feel better bout doing so. I opted for the La Palina Pasha,, both were around the same price point, I really have a hard time dropping a twenty on a stick, especially when I know theyre are a t6on of sticks in the ten dollar range that I love.
    yeah I really think 20 bucks for those are FREAKING dumb. maybe 10 bucks but that's still a lot. Though the tobacco may be why they are expensive more than the ltd tag line. Either way glad you passed on it, your not missing much. But when I was at my local shop the other day (things have really changed btw) the guy scoffed at me because I said I didn't like the my father line and especially the ltd 2012 he was trying to get me to buy. I don't know why that guy still has a job there, he's a ***. and it seems as though all the really nice people are not longer working there. I keep telling myself I'm not going back to that place but at times I'm in the area and say why not stop in. I need to stop doing it.