Home Cigar 101
Options

Dried-out Counterfeit Cubans

naughtnaught Posts: 56
A bit confused as to why it may have happened. Got a box in about a month ago. Two days later... I punched one and it cracked and just totally fell apart. As did the next one, and the next one. I have smoked a few good ones... but at this point I've had to throw out at least ten. I noticed when they arrived... there was no type of humidifier, and the wrapper around the box was torn open. I'm wondering if this could have been the cause. Only other thing that could have been the problem was... I made a bit of a dumb decision one afternoon to take the beads out of the humi, because the humidity seemed a bit high. I planned on putting them right back in a few hours later... but totally forgot... so the humi was without any humidifier for about one whole day. I'm not sure if that could have dried them out so quickly. If I had to guess... I'd assume it was the essentially open and unhumidified container they arrived in, but I'm still a bit of a noob, so I'm just not sure.

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    naught:
    A bit confused as to why it may have happened. Got a box in about a month ago. Two days later... I punched one and it cracked and just totally fell apart. As did the next one, and the next one. I have smoked a few good ones... but at this point I've had to throw out at least ten. I noticed when they arrived... there was no type of humidifier, and the wrapper around the box was torn open. I'm wondering if this could have been the cause. Only other thing that could have been the problem was... I made a bit of a dumb decision one afternoon to take the beads out of the humi, because the humidity seemed a bit high. I planned on putting them right back in a few hours later... but totally forgot... so the humi was without any humidifier for about one whole day. I'm not sure if that could have dried them out so quickly. If I had to guess... I'd assume it was the essentially open and unhumidified container they arrived in, but I'm still a bit of a noob, so I'm just not sure.
    The shipping with the torn package would have dried them out, especially if they were in transit for quite some time

Yet having no humidifier for a week or no humidifier for a couple days will not harm your cigars that much, especially if there are other cigars in the humi, they will keep each other moist for the time being...

The thing I would suspect is that the package was torn to begin with and the place you bought them from didn't keep them humidified..