Home Non Cigar Related

Tobacco Pipes

So, I've taken to cigar smoking for about two months now. I have yet to invest in a humidor. Then, as I was sitting out on my porch, I thought "Maybe I should get a pipe.". All I'm looking for is a 15 to 20 minute smoke that I can just dump if I have to, or something that I can repack and enjoy if I have the time.

As much as I'd hate to have to split my cigar money in to two tobacco related products, I don't want to fire up a Padron or something only to realize that I don't have an hour and thirty minutes to sit and enjoy it.

If you guys know any really good 15 - 20 minute cigars, I'd like to know of them first, but other than that please chime in about the pipe idea.

Comments

• plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    I tried the pipe before cigars. Cigars are much more consistent, being that an expert rolled it as a opposed to an amateaure packing a pipe. I also find cigars taste much better.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started out smoking pipes and I still do, from time to time. My son re-introduced me to cigars a few months back and I find I enjoy that more. I think the opportunity to try different brands and flavors is more enjoyable. If you only have a short time, try some cortos. My son got me a couple of tins for Father's Day and when I only have a short time to enjoy a cigar, I break out one of these. In either case, enjoy!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    to me the difference between cigars and pipes was summed up by my father quite nicely.

cigars inspire conversation between friends

pipes inspire quiet contemplation

• jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    kuzi16:
    to me the difference between cigars and pipes was summed up by my father quite nicely.

There is certainly a time and place for each.
  • KamelyonKamelyon Posts: 109
    kuzi16:

I like that. I might have to buy myself a good ol' corncob pipe, being a good ol' Nebraska Cornhusker!
  • rihannaarihannaa Posts: 2
    Before some time I also smoke cigars. But after once pipe smoking. I am become a fan of the glass pipe. It is really very cool. And also very testy than cigars.

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    great, another bot on the forums
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    rihannaa:
    Before some time I also smoke cigars. But after once pipe smoking. I am become a fan of the glass pipe. It is really very cool. And also very testy than cigars.

Only use these pipes to smoke tobacco if you love being searched lol