Home Non Cigar Related

Foreigners ;) and Countries of Origin

Since I just met my first Bulgarian BOTL here, I figured I would start a thread to see if there are any other Internationals here :). This is specifically for people who have not been born in the States, but have come here some time ago and are now living here - International Students allowed too ;)! I just want to get an idea of where we have people from and see if I can meet even more "slavs" here! lol

Cheers!

Comments

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Nice thread! I too was born in another country. I was born in Kenya, but my mom moved us to Hawaii when I was young. On here, I go by luko...Of course, you may know me by the name I used at Harvard, Barry. Now I go by Barack.

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Luko:
    Nice thread! I too was born in another country. I was born in Kenya, but my mom moved us to Hawaii when I was young. On here, I go by luko...Of course, you may know me by the name I used at Harvard, Barry. Now I go by Barack.

LMFAO Thats funny, but we all know it isn't true. If it was you would have a Chicago Bears logo instead of the Steelers... Come on now! hehe
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Luko:

LMAO - If you were the Barakster there would already be a tax on this thread ...
    Luko:

LMAO - If you were the Barakster there would already be a tax on this thread ...
    Saaaayyy ....wait a minute ...isn't this thread discriminatory , or racist or SOMETHING !!! Oh well carry on foreign people ...
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Saaaayyy ....wait a minute ...isn't this thread discriminatory , or racist or SOMETHING !!! Oh well carry on foreign people ...
    Haha.. omg.. didn't think of this :).. americans are welcome! ;)
    gmill880:
    Luko:

Look Gene...I HOPE you can understand, it's time for a CHANGE around here. There is a tax on this thread. Everyone send me 40 percent of your sticks.
    JUST 40 percent ...
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Luko:
    gmill880:
    Luko:

Look Gene...I HOPE you can understand, it's time for a CHANGE around here. There is a tax on this thread. Everyone send me 40 percent of your sticks.
    I'll smoke it and send you the nub, does that work for your tax comrade?
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    gmill880:
    Luko:

At least everyone is covered now if we get throat cancer...

Topic on point, I'm first Generation German, my father was born in Germany and my grandfather and uncle's were in Hitler's youth camps and fought/were mechanics' for Germany during WWII... They hated it so much as soon as the war was over they surrendered to first American Troops and came over to the United States.... then I was born... The latter part is probably not the most interesting of the whole comment...
    Lasabar:
    Topic on point, I'm first Generation German, my father was born in Germany and my grandfather and uncle's were in Hitler's youth camps and fought/were mechanics' for Germany during WWII... They hated it so much as soon as the war was over they surrendered to first American Troops and came over to the United States.... then I was born... The latter part is probably not the most interesting of the whole comment...
    Lol - Nice! My grandparents fought in the war too. For the ***. Not by their will of course. Hitler pretty much came to Bulgaria's borders and was like - you can join me or I can just pass through the country. The rest is history lol... We did save all our jews though ;).

I'm glad there is so much diversity here! Great! Any Greek people here? I have been trying to get some Greek cigars for a while. I am intrigued by what they could make there...

After you send the nubs we can repackage it all and resell it as pipe tobacco, so I like the idea ;)!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    then I was born... The latter part is probably not the most interesting of the whole comment...
    That is, in fact, the most interesting part...I always thought that at some point in time your father knocked over a can of Miller Lite and out you fell. Huh, show how far ASSumptions get you. :)
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Looks like the Bulgarians are the majority of the minorities in here :) Nice Thread!
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:
    then I was born... The latter part is probably not the most interesting of the whole comment...
    That is, in fact, the most interesting part...I always thought that at some point in time your father knocked over a can of Miller Lite and out you fell. Huh, show how far ASSumptions get you. :)
    And I always thought that... dogs, uh... laid eggs!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bigbgballz:
    Looks like the Bulgarians are the majority of the minorities in here :) Nice Thread!
    the individual is the smallest minority.

btw...
    born in Cincinnati Ohio. doesnt get much more American than that.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    bigbgballz:

btw...
    Born in Lubbock TX here... Doesn't get much more Mexican than that... Oh wait... I'm a white boy. Nevermind.
    kuzi16:
    bigbgballz:

btw...
    FYI...I was kidding about the who Barry Obama thing. I was really born in Oil City, Pennsylvania, birthplace of the nation's oil industry.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Luko:
    gmill880:
    Luko:

I will protest your thread tax by throwing spools of string and balls of yarn into the Potomac River!

NO TAX ON THREAD! NO TAX ON THREAD!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    bigbgballz:

btw...
    I was born here in Hampton Roads, VA. My parents were born here, my grandparents were born here, in NC, WV and Ohio. My great-grandparents were born in the same places as well ... one was born on the Cherokee reservation in NC.
    My mother-in-law was born on a reservation on the Aleution Islands in Alaska and her Dad's family has been here at least 4 generations. Thats All American right there!
    madurofan:
    I was born here in Hampton Roads, VA. My parents were born here, my grandparents were born here, in NC, WV and Ohio. My great-grandparents were born in the same places as well ... one was born on the Cherokee reservation in NC.
    My wife mother was born on a reservation on the Aleution Islands in Alaska and her Dad's family has been here at least 4 generations. Thats All American right there!
    You must love those CAO Americas! ;) I think you need an award - Betasynn - your Camacho Liberty 2005 ;)?
    LOL. No disrespect meant to any immigrants just poking at kuzi .... :), However, I will take the Liberty 2005.
  • 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    madurofan:
    My wife mother
    EWWWWW! ;) Doesn't get any more Southern than that. I was born in Columbus Ga and have lived in Ga my whole life. Have grandparents from England, Ireland (great grandparent), and germany. My grandfather from Germany came to the states before the war and while going through his house after he passed my mom found a letter from the US gov't responding to his request to join the US military pretty much saying "We appreciate your interest in serving in the military, however, your work on the Manhattan project is much more important." We had no idea.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I was born here in Utah over 26 years ago. My mother was born here in Utah, but her parents (my grand parents) are from England. My father was born in Akron Ohio, his great grand mother (my great great grand mother) was an african slave who fell in love and married my great great grand father. So I've got a pretty awesome mix and a ton of relatives in way too many places.

And if all goes well, my (potential wife, a work in progress) girlfriend's family is from Spain, and damn is she a good cook!
    nightmaremike31:
    I was born here in Utah over 26 years ago. My mother was born here in Utah, but her parents (my grand parents) are from England. My father was born in Akron Ohio, his great grand mother (my great great grand mother) was an african slave who fell in love and married my great great grand father. So I've got a pretty awesome mix and a ton of relatives in way too many places.

And if all goes well, my (potential wife, a work in progress) girlfriend's family is from Spain, and damn is she a good cook!

We'll need some proof of this cooking talent. I'll PM my address to ya and you ship me some samples. I'll do a review ...
    gmill880:

We'll need some proof of this cooking talent. I'll PM my address to ya and you ship me some samples. I'll do a review ...
    I second. We can do a panel review!
    4bob4:
    madurofan:
    My wife mother
    EWWWWW! ;) Doesn't get any more Southern than that. I was born in Columbus Ga and have lived in Ga my whole life. Have grandparents from England, Ireland (great grandparent), and germany. My grandfather from Germany came to the states before the war and while going through his house after he passed my mom found a letter from the US gov't responding to his request to join the US military pretty much saying "We appreciate your interest in serving in the military, however, your work on the Manhattan project is much more important." We had no idea.
    Damn you.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    gmill880:

...Should I just use one of my C.Com shipping boxes and a humi pillow?

It might not be hot when it arrives, but it will still be spicy!
    nightmaremike31:
    Renaissance_Man:
    gmill880:

...Should I just use one of my C.Com shipping boxes and a humi pillow?

It might not be hot when it arrives, but it will still be spicy!

Awsome ...yes yes yes
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Third generation sweed over here.
    Goldy:
    Third generation sweed over here.
    No disrespect but google "There's a party in sweden's Pants" and let the laughs ensue!