Home General Discussion

Gurkha Events

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Anyone here ever been to one? The B&M in Lake Charles is having one tomorrow evening, and I was considering going. It would be my first cigar event of any kind. The deals look decent, and there are door prizes. If anyone has been to one of these, what kind of stuff are the door prizes and does Gurkha have any good cigars that are event-only I should grab?

Comments

• rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I would definitely go check it out at least. You never know, it might be fun and if nothing else would get you away from Leesville for a little while.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Well, our Durango ended up coming in to New Orleans today, so we came down here. I missed out on the Gurkha event, but I am totally okay with that. We decided to come back as far as Baton Rouge and spend the night here. Of course I found a B&M here (Don Juan's) and went by. I picked up a Delirium (been wanting to try this one bad) and a Legend Ario (another I have been wanting to try). When I was about to check out, I looked over there close-out table, and low and behold, there was a Joya de Nicaragua I had never seen.

It had a small, simple brown band with the three leaf logo in green. The cellos were all very yellowed. I asked one of the guys there about it, and apparently they no longer make them, and these had about 3-4 years of age on them. I picked one up and smoked it there, damn it was good. Not necessarily better than the Antano, but damn good anyways. Best part was that on close out they were a little under $5 each, so I picked up a few more. Tony is happy.

• ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    My mother in law picked me up a 10 pack of those Joya De Nicaragua while she was in Nicaragua. They have been sitting since April (i think) So now that i know they are good I'll have to break one of them out!
  • I attended a Gurkha event last Saturday. The deals were good. The door prizes ranged from cigars to large tin posters. The cigars were very good, and Rocky Patel showed up smoking a Gurkha!