Home General Discussion

Gurka's

I have only had a few of these last year.  Didn't think too much of them however was more into infused acid cigars then.  Never though about buying them until now.  Is there a good reasonably priced to try?  Thinking of buying a box of some kind next order.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guerilla deal is the way to go (I like Titans). Some others will come up on sprint sale. The park avenue is a great mild stick (its on SS too, and I think I still have a coupon code for them...)  Many like the cellar reserve, and I have one waiting to smoke, but it is a little pricey.

That is the extent of my gurkha knowledge.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    I was gifted a Gurkha Ghost this morning and the guy that gave me it loves it. The cellar reserve is good but expensive, other than that I don't know a whole lot about the others.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    From mainly what I see and from personal experience the Titans are decent if found cheap and the cellar reserves seem to be the most desirable of gurkhas. I think some people liked the double maduros (or was it ligero?), but I can't remember.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    SOme are good, some are ok. The idea is to get them cheap which most can be found. I learned that later in life. I paid $30 for a Beauty when you can find deals like 10 for $30. That's my best advice. Like any brand there are good and bad. Biggest part is going to be your taste. What I may really like of course you may not.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    The park avenue is a great mild stick (its on SS too, and I think I still have a coupon )
    Park ave is probably my all time favorite cigar. The deal you have is better then ss. I double checked my spreadsheet. Titan, vintage 2001, symphony, and status are all decent cigars. I enjoy a Gurkha every once in a while. I will say they do have burn issues often and you should never ever pay retail for them. They are on sale all the time.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vintage 2001 limitada is my fave. But I also really like Beast,Titan,Blue Steel,Spec Ops, The whole Empire line. And the Centurian( this ages very well IMO) I find they all seem to burn better with a day of dry boxing. I don't know why but they seem to all have burn issues if you don't.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Vintage 2001 limitada is my fave. But I also really like Beast,Titan,Blue Steel,Spec Ops, The whole Empire line. And the Centurian( this ages very well IMO) I find they all seem to burn better with a day of dry boxing. I don't know why but they seem to all have burn issues if you don't.
    good tip. will try this next time.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    ddubridge:
    Rhamlin:
    good tip. will try this next time.
    +1. How could I forget. You gotta dry box these cause just like Rhamlin said, they all have burn issues for some reason.
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    Never really tried out too many of there lines but i do like Titan and Blue Steel. Ninja wasn't my cup of tea