Home General Discussion
Options

Weekend get away first thoughts

Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
Does any of you guys on here do as I do when you find out your going on a weekend getaway to somewhere. The first thingI think of, is how many cigars I'm taking which ones and what order I will smoke them in. Others in the family start to discuss what we are going to so and all I really think is oh yea, going to burn through some really good cigars. Is that wrong of me? Who else does this?

Comments

• Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Hell I do that just about every time I go out. You never know when a chance to herf is going to happen. Vacations are awesome and always exciting, especially if you packed the right sticks. Herf on bro!!! You're just fine!
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup!! I just always grab some favorites and good sticks and take a variety. That way, I can decide what I want to smoke later. For this past weekend, I brought like 8-10 cigars. My wife said, "We're only going to be gone for 3 days!!" :)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Happens to me all the time. Even if i'm just thinking about going away the first thing that comes to mind is which cigars and how many. i'm thinking about going down to Florida in August for a week and i immediately start thinking about how my 5 ct travel humi won't cut it and i have to go to a local b&m in town. The trip isn't even booked, it was just a thought but the cigar dilemma arises immediately.
  • Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    i always bring my 15 ct herf-a-dor with me when i go to my land on the weekends , You never know when you can share a gar with bigfoot
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Scary. You sound like me !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sometimes this is daily for me
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    This is what i am contemplating now with my coffee
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rail Jockey:
    Does any of you guys on here do as I do when you find out your going on a weekend getaway to somewhere. The first thingI think of, is how many cigars I'm taking which ones and what order I will smoke them in. Others in the family start to discuss what we are going to so and all I really think is oh yea, going to burn through some really good cigars. Is that wrong of me? Who else does this?
    Who else does this? Probably every member here. I even thought about my cigars the last time there was a tornado watch and I became sad to think of how far and wide my cigars could be thrown in pieces if the house was hit. Not exactly my first concern, but I think it ranked just behind my concern for the dogs. Or was it before I thought of the dogs.

Hmmm,.......Maybe I should dig a separate storm cellar / walk-in humidor.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I used to do that in the first few years when I was just getting into cigars. Not so much anymore. Now I just take a few good sticks, and if I get an opportunity, I enjoy them. I don't obsess over it the way I used to. For me, it was just the newness of the experience I think.
  • Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    A good portion of my days involve what cigar(s) I'm going to smoke that day. It usually gets much worse when i know I am going somewhere. I will stand in front of the cooler/herf-a-dor and try to decide for at least 30 minutes.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    This is what i am contemplating now with my coffee
    Connies and coffee are my weekend treat. It doesnt get better
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    on the weekend? I get like that with my nightly smoke. I pick out 4 or 5 that i might want to smoke and can't choose so it comes down to what the wife thinks smells the best. I can't imagine how i am going to be for my trip to San Antonio in a month.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm, you all are better at this than me. I start to think, "I wonder if I'll get to smoke" and then try to decide IF it's worth it to bother bringing them.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.