Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Legado De Pepin, I Like!

I'm basically a DP and AJ Fernandez guy. When I saw the offer for the new DP line, I ordered a box without trying a few samples first as I loved the tobacco ingredient list, especially the criollo element. I love this cigar. OK, here's my lame attempt to be a reviewer:

Look/feel/construction. Of course, all top notch, and the cigar feels and draws lighter than say the Blue label. In fact, the draw reminds me of the Black label line (robusto).

Taste/body. This cigar does not have the smash mouth spice blast upfront; but, the favors are tremendous, and the finish is as long as a standard Rush song. I saw a post on this thread that said mild/medium, and I respectfully disagree. It's a medium to full body, but the strength is sneaky. Fn great! I noted a bit of acidity on my first one, but I was probably overly enthusiastic. No acidity on the second stick.

Ash/burn. White and perfect. I'm on my second stick (the first was upon receipt of the box like Xmas morning) and it has an easy 1" ash.

Nub material. Oh yes my friends, a finger burner.

Pairing. Cruzan rum dark is perfect. A smokey or peaty scotch overpowers the cigar. Irish whiskey would work well too.

Summary: I love it. Excellent rotation cigar.

Comments

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Nice review. Also one of my favorites.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Winetable. Nice first post!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I thought it was quite enjoyable
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Its a Pepin ! Careful you'll start finding their blends yummy !
    And welcome to the forums !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961