Home Pipes
Options

Oriental blends

mgk2020mgk2020 Posts: 97
Anyone have a nice oriental recommendation? The McClelland Oriental mixtures are what I'm leaning toward, maybe Grand Orientals, since they look fairly well regarded and I've been pleased with my prior McClelland experiences. Is there something better out there that I'm missing? Input greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    mgk2020:
    Anyone have a nice oriental recommendation? The McClelland Oriental mixtures are what I'm leaning toward, maybe Grand Orientals, since they look fairly well regarded and I've been pleased with my prior McClelland experiences. Is there something better out there that I'm missing? Input greatly appreciated.

Orientals are in lots of blends. McClelland takes these and builds blends around them. I have only tried a couple I like Drama Reserve. I plan on eventually trying them all but I will buy more of DR. These are not, at least the couple I have tried straight oriental blends. DR has VA in it, for example, but they are blended to really get the flavor of the oriental leaf.
  • Options
    mgk2020mgk2020 Posts: 97
    I was looking at the Drama Reserve - couldn't decide between it and a few others - and with that endorsement it seems like a great place to start. I'm not too concerned with it being pure orientals, as I'm just looking for a good example of oriental flavor. Sounds perfect. Thanks again for your advice.
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    No problem. I think you will be pleased with DR.
  • Options
    pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    I think of {opium} as an oriental smoke. LOL. Started the opium trade and the meddling by the US in China's affairs and the "Sand Pebbles" Lol