Home Pipes

pipe brands.

nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
I have 2 of the larger Nordings, that I love. However, sometimes they are just too big, and I dont always want to do a half bowl

I have been looking at a couple Savinellis, a few of the smaller nordings, a peterson, a kaywoodie, and maybe even a boswell. Which once should I look at as far as brands go

Also, what brands are you guys partial too.

Comments

• pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    nickiam:
    I have 2 of the larger Nordings, that I love. However, sometimes they are just too big, and I dont always want to do a half bowl

I have been looking at a couple Savinellis, a few of the smaller nordings, a peterson, a kaywoodie, and maybe even a boswell. Which once should I look at as far as brands go

Also, what brands are you guys partial too.

I have all you say and like them all. Peterson and Savinelli are good pipes and I use them a lot. The pipes I use the most are reasonably priced Bjarne classic Vikings. Under $50. and smoke well. Mid size bowls. They seem to be my workhorses. I also have a Peterson St Patricks Day 2011 that I also use regularly. Has a smaller bowl than the Bjarnes. I'm getting away from high dollar pipes and going for substance. The Bjarne pipes seem to be a good bang for the buck.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Large bowls have their place I don't smoke a lot of bowls in a day so I like them when I have the time. Smaller bowls have their place too. I have 1 smaller meer that I use a lot. You will never go wrong with a Savinelli, or a Peterson. Both are fine pipes at a very good price point. If price is an issue, the rumor is that Roma Select, and it must be the Select line only, are Savinelli seconds. I have no proof of this it is just what I have been told. I can say that the one I have as a very good smoker and comes in just below the $50.00 mark. I also have a Cassano, which is a good smoker and also in that price range. These are my yard pipes. I take them camping and fishing with no worries about them as they can be easily and quickly replaced.