Home Pipes

Favorite tobacco

mgk2020mgk2020 Posts: 97
I'm just curious what everyone would say is their favorite tobacco. I know moods vary, apples and oranges, etc. This is an if-you-had-to-choose scenario. However, I'll leave some room for caveats: limit your answer to up to three. It should be fun, could help to discover something new, and may give everyone a frame of reference regarding everybody's tastes.

I'm relatively new to the hobby, so there are a lot I've yet to try, but here are my favorites so far (in no particular order):

Frog Morton's Cellar
Drama Reserve
This one is a tie; but I said three, so McClelland's Vanilla Black Cavendish. Lol

Hopefully we'll get everyone to participate! If you're on this forum you probably smoke a pipe and anyone that has smoked a pipe should have a favorite, so there shouldn't be any reason to sit out. :-)

Comments

• nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    I am still very new to pipes, but my current favorites would be.

1. Nording Labrador blend
    2. Stokeybe Sweet Vanilla
    3. Stokeybe Black truffle
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    I too still consider myself new. I have just about 3 years in the hobby. My top three? It will change tomorrow! Right now: 1. Hands down top is Peterson's Sherlock Holmes. A straight VA/burley blend. 2. Hearth and Home's Black House. This is still a new blend for me I have only smoked about 6 oz. of it so far but I think it has replaced my old favorite which was Peter Stokkebye's Proper English. 3. C & D's Briar Fox.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    So far I like the frog morton on the bayou. Wasn't a huge fan of the regular morton. I also like some of the xmas blends from ... crap forgot now.
  • mgk2020mgk2020 Posts: 97
    phobicsquirrel:
    So far I like the frog morton on the bayou. Wasn't a huge fan of the regular morton. I also like some of the xmas blends from ... crap forgot now.

I really like FM Bayou too. It was a toss up on my list between that and Cellar. Haven't tried Pond or Town yet.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a tin of bayou I need to try!

I always seem go go bacl to Orlik golden sliced, Reiner LGF, and for a burley you cannot beat solani aged burley flake.... makes me want a pipe now!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America