Home Pipes

Brick and mortars...

mgk2020mgk2020 Posts: 97
I'm just curious what kind of selection everyone's local B&M carries. Every one here has the same selection: Dunhill, Peterson, and Davidoff tins; probably Lane or Altadis bulk in the counter jars. The counter tobacco I know is typical. I wish there was more tin variety. McClelland would be great. Anyway, what does your local B&M carry?

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Nothing.... Most is Capt Black, Borkum, etc... Tins of Dunhill, Davidoff, and maybe something else. I do have one place that has it's own blends and sells excellent smoke. They are the shop that got me started. But yeah....nothing.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Bulk would be Altadis, Lane, Dunhill, G & H, and they are looking to expand. Tins are Esoterica but only And so to Bed, and Sutliff.

Another that is a little drive has just about anything you can think of but the price will eat you alive. Back when Dunhill first came back and I just had to try 965 and no one else had it, they did but at $18.75 for a tin it is no wonder why I was able to pick it up. It is a trade off. If you want something they have it but it will be above retail.

Just order online and use the B&M occasionally to keep your presence known so if you need to place a special order once in awhile they will do it for you.
  • mgk2020mgk2020 Posts: 97
    In an ironic twist, I found a B&M with a much broader selection today. lol. About a half dozen tin brands and P. Stokkebye bulk in the counter jars (in addition to the typical selection). An impressive selection of pipes too. I should have posted this thread sooner! Lol
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not bought any pipe tobacco here, but my local b&m has a great selection... I need to go see exactly what he has. The owner always has a pipe in his mouth, so Im sure that helps. The b&m in WV that I went to had good variety too, mcclelland, c&d, gl pease and others, decent size pipe selection. I believe they held monthly pipe club meetings too.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • mgk2020mgk2020 Posts: 97
    Gray4lines:
    I have not bought any pipe tobacco here, but my local b&m has a great selection... I need to go see exactly what he has. The owner always has a pipe in his mouth, so Im sure that helps. The b&m in WV that I went to had good variety too, mcclelland, c&d, gl pease and others, decent size pipe selection. I believe they held monthly pipe club meetings too.

Wish I had that here.