Home Ratings & Reviews

Xicar HC series Maduro

Boy was this a suprise. Ive obtained a few from bombs, trades and passes in the past but this is the first time i have purchased any. I may have just found my new go to every day any occasion smoke. The belicoso is my favorite. Perfect ring size, taste, aroma, and just an all around tasty stick. When you have bills rolling in like myself, price is always an issue. I can honestly say this is a prime example that price should not be the judge of how good smokes are. I copped these from the sprint sale for just a couple bucks per stick, and will definatley be saving room for more in the future. Anyone else feel this way about these?

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bamablows:
    Boy was this a suprise. Ive obtained a few from bombs, trades and passes in the past but this is the first time i have purchased any. I may have just found my new go to every day any occasion smoke. The belicoso is my favorite. Perfect ring size, taste, aroma, and just an all around tasty stick. When you have bills rolling in like myself, price is always an issue. I can honestly say this is a prime example that price should not be the judge of how good smokes are. I copped these from the sprint sale for just a couple bucks per stick, and will definatley be saving room for more in the future. Anyone else feel this way about these?
    Absolutely. I think they are a great stick to have around. I have a bundle of churchills. The price is fantastic
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I am a BIG fan of these. Great everyday smoke. Always satisfying.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. I've been wondering about those.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know why the maduros are less than half the price of all the other HC blends?
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Does anyone know why the maduros are less than half the price of all the other HC blends?
    I've wondered the same thing
  • alienmisprint:
    I believe they're a ci/ccom exclusive that's not part of the original xicar line.
  • I have to respectfully disagree.  This cigar is advertised as "earthy", and for the life of me, I can't taste anything at all in them.  To say I'm disappointed is an understatement, and I hate to complain about cigars because people have different taste buds.  I'm still looking for a $3 cigar that has that barnyard, earthy, deep tobacco flavor.  This Xicar HC Maduro was medium bodied, and very light on flavor (at least to my taste buds).
    Just for reference, when I think of "earthy", I think of RP Edge Maduro, CAO MX2, and Oliva Os.
    If any of you guys know of a $3 cigar that compares with them, please let me know.  And if you like the Xicar HC, that's fine, enjoy them.
    maximomark:
    I have to respectfully disagree.  This cigar is advertised as "earthy", and for the life of me, I can't taste anything at all in them.  To say I'm disappointed is an understatement, and I hate to complain about cigars because people have different taste buds.  I'm still looking for a $3 cigar that has that barnyard, earthy, deep tobacco flavor.  This Xicar HC Maduro was medium bodied, and very light on flavor (at least to my taste buds).
    Just for reference, when I think of "earthy", I think of RP Edge Maduro, CAO MX2, and Oliva Os.
    If any of you guys know of a $3 cigar that compares with them, please let me know.  And if you like the Xicar HC, that's fine, enjoy them.
    Id agree, definitely a med body with pepper. Not what id call earthy. Hmmm, I like padrons for a good barnyard tobacco. They can be a steal depending on what size
    maximomark:
    I have to respectfully disagree.  This cigar is advertised as "earthy", and for the life of me, I can't taste anything at all in them.  To say I'm disappointed is an understatement, and I hate to complain about cigars because people have different taste buds.  I'm still looking for a $3 cigar that has that barnyard, earthy, deep tobacco flavor.  This Xicar HC Maduro was medium bodied, and very light on flavor (at least to my taste buds).
    Everybody is absolutely entitled to their own opinions brother. If the cigars you mentioned are what you want, you are in luck. They all regularly come on the sprint sale (cigarsprintsale.com) and can be had for the $3 range.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    oilburner:
    alienmisprint:
    I believe they're a ci/ccom exclusive that's not part of the original xicar line.

Yeah, I just looked at the Xikar page and the maduro isn't even listed. Weird. I wonder if they are produced in the same factory and all?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I wasn't the only one who wondered why they are so much cheaper. Glad to hear most people dig em. I've come close to getting some since I thought the Habano was very good.
    Rhamlin:
    Guess I wasn't the only one who wondered why they are so much cheaper. Glad to hear most people dig em. I've come close to getting some since I thought the Habano was very good.
    In my opinion, the maduros are not as good as the others. Still very good, but I think the criollos are best.
    Gray4lines:
    Rhamlin:
    In my opinion, the maduros are not as good as the others. Still very good, but I think the criollos are best.
    Yeah the rest of the lines are blended by J. Fuego. They are all great. I'm not sure if the HC maddy is or not, but I still really enjoy it.