Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Texas Land of the free ...ish

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/drone-use-tightly-limited-for-texas-residents-but-new-law-makes-big-exception-for-police/2013/09/14/49583df4-1d4d-11e3-80ac-96205cacb45a_story.html

So many things are legal in Texas compared to other parts especially the coasts. Seems as though EPA rules are laxed, so pollution is horrible, you can carry a gun almost anywhere, drink almost anywhere but it seems as though the Texas lawmakers want to limit what a person can do with un-manned devices, but not police. Something like this I could see from New York which has already adopted a nice Gestapo feel for itself or even California, but Texas was a surprise to me. I mean I thought Texas was the land of conservatives and tea partiers. Anyway personally I think giving more military control to police is a bad idea.

Comments

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Hahaha! You beat me to this post!

Ironic, isn't it, that one of the most libertarian-minded states in the country will limit citizens' ability to document environmental destruction and harming of the public health by the endless number of corporations that are given free reign to do whatever they want to the state, while giving the police even more power for invading the privacy of citizens?