Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Surgery

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
So My wife and I will be going back down to the mayo tomorrow. She will be having surgery to remove a tumor from her thyroid, they will test it after it is removed, if its cancer they will remove her thyroid. This seems to be a common procedure so I am not to worried, but surgery is always sketchy. I am positive everything will be OK even though it seems not much has gone right this year. I am just glad we went to the mayo and they found it. I love the mayo, I love the mayo, I love the mayo. They saved my mothers life many, many times and now they are fixing my wife.

Comments

• Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Prayers to you and yours. The Dr.s do the cutting and God does the healing.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope things go well Shane. Prayers going up for you and your wife.
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Thoughts and prayers to you and your wife
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will add you and yours to my prayer, you have done your part, trust that God will do the rest.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surgery is always scary, but it's amazing how many people have had to have this one. I hope all goes well. Something I've seen in ER and sometimes even ICU, if the thyroids removed she'll always always always always have to take the thyroid pill every single day for the rest of her life. Did I say always? Always! don't miss.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    good luck and god bless
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers and best wishes to you and your wife, Shane. I wasn't lucky enough to go to the Mayo but after extensive cancer surgery I'm now cancer-free and can empathize with anyone who either has it or may possibly have it. God bless.....
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Thinking about you today Shane. Let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    She will be in my prayers. Let us know how things go.
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Shane and our prayers are with you
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Thinking of you and your better half. Hang in there.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Good thoughts and prayers headed your way for a smooth surgery and smooth recovery! Keep us posted!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for the whole family and for her speedy recovery!!
  • Options
    KevinFittsKevinFitts Posts: 225
    My thoughts are with you. Stay tough!!
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    out of surgery, they ended up finding cancer. so they removed the whole thyroid. they feel positive there is non anywhere else. Have to wait a couple weeks while the full pathology is finished before we know if she has to have radiation.

Have not seen her yet, she is now in the recovery room waking up... this will be one of the harder conversations I have had, next to the one I had 3.5 months ago with my mother.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    out of surgery, they ended up finding cancer. so they removed the whole thyroid. they feel positive there is non anywhere else. Have to wait a couple weeks while the full pathology is finished before we know if she has to have radiation.

Have not seen her yet, she is now in the recovery room waking up... this will be one of the harder conversations I have had, next to the one I had 3.5 months ago with my mother.
    be upfront and she will appreciate that bud. Hang in there.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    deejmemixx:

be upfront and she will appreciate that bud. Hang in there.
    I think Curt's right, be upfront. Thryoid cancer is usually contained just there, in my experience, I can't think of any I've known of that had metastasized, which doesn't mean it can't, but I've seen lots and lots that went through what y'all are going through and lived 70 years of good life after.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain