Home Non Cigar Related

More Mis-use of Police....

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/10/18/2804281/nations-fracking-protest-violence/

another govt using police that are suppose to up hold the law treating peaceful citizens like enemy combatants. got to protect the corporations over people and their health and safety.

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    "Police say that protesters held firearms, uttered threats, and used Molotov cocktails. Tear gas and rubber bullets clouded the air. One gunshot rang the air, not fired by Canadian Police. At the end of the conflict, 40 people were arrested and 5 police cars were burned. No major injuries were reported."

It sounds like the police were protecting themselves from armed crazies.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broken treaties, I suppose. Nothing new. Indians ought to be used to that by now.

Only thing that puzzles me is, what does the apostrophe do in "Mi’kmaq", and why's it need a "q"?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)