Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Who believes?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
In bigfoot? I sure as heck do... do you? Have you had any experiences?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    The_PhantomThe_Phantom Posts: 51
    I believe in Bigfoot, aka Sasquatch, you have a couple of them lurking on the Forum so now and then.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Apparently you've never seen my wife.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Read this article the other day, thought it was pretty cool. Bigfoot is one of those things I think is entirely possible, but very unlikely to exist. But hey, it's still a big planet.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/17/world/europe/uk-yeti-dna-mystery/index.html?iref=allsearch
  • Options
    I read that article too! It was pretty fascinating! but its hard for me to take it with the fact that we have no clue where those samples came from. Still fun to imagine.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Yup, and considering the same stories were told about gorillas until a body was finally found it's still within the realm of possibility. On the bear aspect though I think they're finding greater and greater interbreeding between polars and browns up in Canada, so it's certainly possible to have an ancient cross breeding too.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    Apparently you've never seen my wife.
    Oh snap... I'm tellin
  • Options
    The Phantom:
    I believe in Bigfoot, aka Sasquatch, you have a couple of them lurking on the Forum so now and then.
    I'm in love with the Secret Sasquatch
    but seriously I did actually see a footprint in mud at the HO rainforest on the Olympic penninsula about 20 years ago. I should have taken a picture, my ex-wife still rags about that miscue.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I've had an experience with bigfoot. I kid you not. But, who you really want to talk with is redtailhawkoz. He's really into it.
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I would like to believe but without an acknowledgement from the scientific community it's hard to treat it like anything other than grand folklore. I enjoy looking at pics and vids on the web and I also watch Finding Bigfoot. I've seen some compelling evidence and light hearted good natured hoaxes because I find it interesting. If they are real I hope that the scientific community never acknowledges their existence because every big game hunter, tracker or half cocked yahoo will be trying to hunt them down to possibly stuff for a collection or take one alive and put in a zoo. If it is real then let's let them be
  • Options
    I remember seeing bigfoot in the Pacific Northwest when i was a kid. We were driving on a logging road off of HWY 6 outside Tillamook. I remember turning and looking out my window and seeing one standing in the forest about 50 feet off the road. It was amazing! My dad couldnt turn the car around to go back and look further cause it was pretty muddy and really narrow. :(

Come on people its your chance to talk about this and not look crazy! lol I wanna hear stories! :)

There have been too many videos, audio recordings of calls, pictures and eye witness testimony for it to be mass hysteria. lol There is a portion of the scientific world that does acknowledge Bigfoot and other creatures. They cryptozoology community is so quickly brushed aside by the general public because of their strong belief and desire to prove their existence. But sadly their studies and the studies of other people and foundations are hardly taken seriously due to the idea that they are crazy. I do have to say though watching Finding Bigfoot really makes me want to not take them seriously. calling things "Squatchy" annoys me. lol

Also as for the fact that people would hunt them down... people have been trying to do that and i think the Sasquatch is too smart and in tuned with its environment that it can outsmart any good hunter.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe in mermaids. I hunt for them every so often.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I know what they smell like. That's how close I was. And I have absolutely no proof to offer. Its' like aliens, until we get one on tv, they're not real. LOL
  • Options
    beatnic:
    I know what they smell like. That's how close I was. And I have absolutely no proof to offer. Its' like aliens, until we get one on tv, they're not real. LOL

You were close enough to smell one???
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No and I hate all of those stupid shows on tv about them. Running around in the woods in the dark and oh we hear a noise must be a Bigfoot. Give me a break. I think by now someone would have definitive proof but you never know. New discoveries are made all the time.
    Reminds me of UFO stuff. Have you ever noticed it is usually fat ugly women who claim to be abducted and have UFO visits? I have never seen a super model or half way hot chick claim to have seen an UFO. Just an observation.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    No and I hate all of those stupid shows on tv about them. Running around in the woods in the dark and oh we hear a noise must be a Bigfoot. Give me a break. I think by now someone would have definitive proof but you never know. New discoveries are made all the time.
    Reminds me of UFO stuff. Have you ever noticed it is usually fat ugly women who claim to be abducted and have UFO visits? I have never seen a super model or half way hot chick claim to have seen an UFO. Just an observation.

Maybe aliens are sic of skinny stick built women since the so closely resemble their own kind... lol
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poopy Jones:
    I would like to believe but without an acknowledgement from the scientific community it's hard to treat it like anything other than grand folklore. I enjoy looking at pics and vids on the web and I also watch Finding Bigfoot. I've seen some compelling evidence and light hearted good natured hoaxes because I find it interesting. If they are real I hope that the scientific community never acknowledges their existence because every big game hunter, tracker or half cocked yahoo will be trying to hunt them down to possibly stuff for a collection or take one alive and put in a zoo. If it is real then let's let them be
    The problem with that line of thought is that the scientific community doesn't like to acknowledge anything that there is no hard pressed evidence.

Look at the coelacanth. It was "known" to be extinct for millions of years until one was caught in 1938. Even then, some of the scientific community was very reluctant to acknowledge that the species still existed until the late 50s.

In 1998, a subspecies of the coelacanth was discovered near Indonesia.

There are species still out there that until recently were never discovered.

Even human tribes have remained unknown in the Amazon until recently discovered.
    If human tribes can remain undiscovered or unknown, then is it really too far fetched that there may be sighted, yet unproven animals in the US?

If you've ever hunted black-tail deer in the Pacific Northwest, then you could see how easy it would be for any animal to remain hidden in the deep forests of the Pacific Northwest.

Can't say I believe in the existance of Sasquatch, but being native american, there is a part of me that has an opened mind about it. And there are many things out there, that I can't explain.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Bigfoot, its kind of like a samsquantch like this video right?

• Options
    Bigshizza:
    The Phantom:

but seriously I did actually see a footprint in mud at the HO rainforest on the Olympic penninsula about 20 years ago. I should have taken a picture, my ex-wife still rags about that miscue.
    Secret Sasquatch must be special to you, that you're in love?
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:

LoL, this has got to be my favorite argument of all time, 'It's impossible for a species to both master inter-stellar travel AND have crap taste in chicks.'
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Ya'll called............ Is it out there doing National Enquirer type stuff? Prolly not. Although it's not out of the realm of reality to discover new species in our wide wide world.
  • Options
    Aah see, another Sasquatch sighting. It certainly isn't imposible to discover new species. Bigfoot, Sasquatch, The Abominable Snowman (Yeti) have been spotted in several parts of the world.
  • Options
    The Phantom:
    Bigshizza:
    The Phantom:
    Being from the NW I heart him....
  • Options
    Atta boy Shizza! Lol
  • Options
    0patience:
    Poopy Jones:
    The problem with that line of thought is that the scientific community doesn't like to acknowledge anything that there is no hard pressed evidence.

Look at the coelacanth. It was "known" to be extinct for millions of years until one was caught in 1938. Even then, some of the scientific community was very reluctant to acknowledge that the species still existed until the late 50s.

In 1998, a subspecies of the coelacanth was discovered near Indonesia.

There are species still out there that until recently were never discovered.

Even human tribes have remained unknown in the Amazon until recently discovered.
    If human tribes can remain undiscovered or unknown, then is it really too far fetched that there may be sighted, yet unproven animals in the US?

If you've ever hunted black-tail deer in the Pacific Northwest, then you could see how easy it would be for any animal to remain hidden in the deep forests of the Pacific Northwest.

Can't say I believe in the existance of Sasquatch, but being native american, there is a part of me that has an opened mind about it. And there are many things out there, that I can't explain.

these are my thoughts exactly! Heck look over in the Papua New Guinie (sp?) area! They are discovering new species all the time!!! If you need more proof of how something could exist without being seen look at how well. Osama Bin Laden did! Please no political back lash on this. But it's true. He hid in plain sight for years! Just look at Sasquatch he has whooooooole forests to hide in!
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    The Phantom:
    Bigshizza:
    The Phantom:

Being from the NW I heart him....
    Now I noticed, you're from the PNW, that's one of the areas were Sasquatch have been spotted, seen or have left footprints. I hear the PNW is beautiful and you're very fortunate, to have seen signs, that they do exist. I like to think, that Bigfoot/Sasquatch do exist. I even like to think that, Loch Ness Monster (Nessie) exist. I just love see the documentaries about them.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the majority of hunters believe in bigfoot's existence? And if any one group of people would have spent the most time in the woods where these "elusive" creatures supposedly live it would be hunters with high powered scopes capable of seeing clearly for miles.

I used to live in Missouri for a time when I was a kid and I adopted their motto, "Show me".

Speaking of "Show me". It seems like the best chance of seeing real evidence of these animals would be through the use of trail cams. Trail cams have been affordable and used widely for years. No good pics yet?
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Ken Light:
    jsnake:

LoL, this has got to be my favorite argument of all time, 'It's impossible for a species to both master inter-stellar travel AND have crap taste in chicks.'
    Haha. Wait, isn't stuff supposed to appear skinnier at, or near the speed of light?
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    In bigfoot? I sure as heck do... do you? Have you had any experiences?
    Maybe ....

But if "bigfoot" does exist --- he must be pretty damn smart since he's never been caught.
    Too many people out in the woods with cameras, video, etc. and with aerial and satellite photography of the whole globe available at my fingertips (google earth) ... it's hard to believe no one has found "him" or where "he" lives ... so if he does exist I'd say he's a smart creature. Maybe smarter than us humans since he's been so successful at evading us.

I'd like to think he exists .... the idea that there's still undiscovered large mammals, and areas of wilderness where someone/thing that large can live undiscovered, avoiding human contact/being caught for all these years ..... pretty amazing if you ask me.

jsnake:
    I'm with you, jsnake.
    Can't stand those stupid a$$ shows. I kind of hope they do catch him and prove he's real....because then, they'd have to stop making those shows.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    jsnake:

LOL!!^^
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe YOU believe!
    I try to be open minded to things, still, IDK
    I do believe that the human race is not nearly as smart as we like to think we are.