Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Brothers and Sisters in unifrom.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
We are all thinking about you and the service you give.
The holidays are times when you are missed the most, and an empty chair at our table is not un-common. It will be there when you come home and we will make up for what you missed. If you come from a family with a dog he/she (never say it) will be the first and happiest to see you. All of my family served and it is a matter of pride. So you will forgive me if you see an overweight and greying old(er) man salute you on the street.
If there is one of you out there that would like to correspond, please do. I was a grunt and d@mn proud of it. Keep safe.

Comments

• Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    There are a few of us around....3 that I know of, right off the top of my head......and thank you
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    We are all thinking about you and the service you give.
    The holidays are times when you are missed the most, and an empty chair at our table is not un-common. It will be there when you come home and we will make up for what you missed. If you come from a family with a dog he/she (never say it) will be the first and happiest to see you. All of my family served and it is a matter of pride. So you will forgive me if you see an overweight and greying old(er) man salute you on the street.
    If there is one of you out there that would like to correspond, please do. I was a grunt and d@mn proud of it. Keep safe.
    I'll third that sentiment. I'm the only one in my family that didn't serve in the military, I went the police route.

My son serves in the Army Special Forces and we sure missed him yesterday. From me and my family, a really big thank you to all who serve.

I too am an old(er), greying, fat guy who always makes it a point to thank anyone I see that is a veteran or is currently serving.

• Options
    Thank you for the support. I should be home in a few weeks. Cant wait.