Home Cigar 101
Options

Can you identify mystery cigar?

FNAFNA Posts: 55
A few years ago, maybe around 5 years, the "local" internet cigar auction was selling large (maybe 6 x 60) unbanded perfectos by Rocky Patel. They were made in at least natural and barber pole because those are the wrappers I have on some remainders. They are double torpedo style, IOW pointy at both ends.

I'm sure they are Patel; I can't remember anything else (other than they were quite tasty)

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Rocky platel fusion?
    that would be my best guess without pictures or a band.
  • Options
    FNAFNA Posts: 55
    Thanks for your input but 1) the Fusion doesn't come in a perfecto shape and 2) the Fusion has a band (double band in fact).

The cigars in question are perfectos (double torpedoes) and were sold without a band iow unbanded.

I don't have an electronic camera, but picture say a Gurkha Centurion or a la Aurora preferido No. 1 without the bands on. 6 x 60 perfecto.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    This will be tough to identify, but you know Rocky has more blends than Ghurka (which is saying something lol) so you may have trouble finding the right one, and less likely its still being made. Even less likely if it was 2nds or overruns or whatever that you were buying. I'm not sure if it came in a double perfecto, but maybe the Rocky Patel R4
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I think it's the RP ITC Split Decision, those came in 3 diffrent barber poles and the regular ITC was a "natural" wrapper and both had a single band....though if memory serves i thought the early Fusions had only a single band...i could be wrong, it's been years since i had an original fusion... But my guess is the ITC
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Nevermind, just reread and saw the Perfecto bit... ive never seen a split decision in perfecto. My bad :)