Home Cigar 101
Options

Can't find a particular post om humidifacation.....

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
......it was one about a bowl of distilled water sitting in the humidor as apposed to wiping it down.

Having a really bad morning, (I despise my wife's sons) so I ordered a 5 Vegas humidor via sprint and want to try this different method.

Comments

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    You can do both,, get a lightly damp cloth, No heavy perfumes, and wipe down the inside of your humi, then get a small bowl fill it with idk about a cup distilled watter, let set for 24-72 hours, when the humidity is above 65% you should be good to go. The % may drop a bit after you put the sticks in, Just relax for a day or two and it should stabilize, don't use the green humidifier that comes with the unit, get some bovedapacks or gel crystals The kind ya add distilled water to. Can use a small jar Like a baby food jar for those or you can use the jar they come in. But that's a lot of gel for one humi. good luck, there should also be instructions included with the Humi
  • Options
    curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    jd50ae:
    ......it was one about a bowl of distilled water sitting in the humidor as apposed to wiping it down.

Having a really bad morning, (I despise my wife's sons) so I ordered a 5 Vegas humidor via sprint and want to try this different method.
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/610297.aspx That is the process I am using. Here is the title of the post, Catfish: How to season or reaseason a humidor using Kitty Litter or Beads