Home Pipes
Options

Ryo tobacco

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
Any suggestions on a quality ryo tobacco that isnt harsh?

Comments

• Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    A lot depends on what you are doing with it. Are you rolling or using it in a pipe? Meaning a shag cut pipe tobacco could be considered a ryo and I know some who use it for just that. Also, are you going to inhale? The inhaling will be a big impact on the harsh issue.
  • Options
    christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    J.S.:
    A lot depends on what you are doing with it. Are you rolling or using it in a pipe? Meaning a shag cut pipe tobacco could be considered a ryo and I know some who use it for just that. Also, are you going to inhale? The inhaling will be a big impact on the harsh issue.
    I have never been a cigarette smoker, but want to try it. I can do both inhale or not. So lets say yes to inhaling. I would like to roll my own. Is kentucky gold good? I got some pipe pipe tobacco, but it just isnt doing it for me.
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    christian1971:
    J.S.:
    I have never been a cigarette smoker, but want to try it. I can do both inhale or not. So lets say yes to inhaling. I would like to roll my own. Is kentucky gold good? I got some pipe pipe tobacco, but it just isnt doing it for me.
    KY Gold by W.O. Larsen, yes but I don't think I would want to inhale it. There is a brand called KY Gold I have seen online only on one site but I have never smoked it so I cannot help there. A friend of mine likes D&R, Ramback for RYO. Durham (sp?) (if it is still around) is a good RYO blend, very mild and easy on the lungs. Some like G&H's Kendal KY as a RYO, it is a pipe tobacco but very good stuff. It would be a little harsh but not bad compared to others, I think and one of the better ones to try. Since you have not inhaled before, I think it might be overwhelming, however. Sorry I could not help more here it has been a very long time since I have been where you are wanting to head. Happy hunting!