Home Pipes
Options

Great Tobacco!!!

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
Got 2 lbs Anniversary kake, 1 lb SPC Mississippi River and Beacon Extra on the way. Really enjoying these tobaccos in my corn cob!!!

Comments

• Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    I like AK, and MR. I have not yet tried BE. Sounds like you are getting a good rotation going.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Good choices. I have a tin of Beacon, but haven't popped it yet.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I can't get into VaPers yet. I heard the Anniversary Kake was excellent. Not sure about the rest.
  • Options
    BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    The SPC Mississippi River is Awesome!!!!
  • Options
    I like "HOOKA" that have flexible tube that transfers the smoke from the glass...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Mississippi River is certainly tasty. I love H&H Old Tartan, it’s one of my main go to blends for a nice, subtle, English. Also, I love Russ’s cakes, the best has to be the Fusiliers Ration...if you haven't had it yet, do yourself a favor, and get it. I may have some here, if anyone needs anything, shoot me an email and I can see what kind of deals I have cooking.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    slamb@cigar.com:
    Mississippi River is certainly tasty. I love H&H Old Tartan, it’s one of my main go to blends for a nice, subtle, English. Also, I love Russ’s cakes, the best has to be the Fusiliers Ration...if you haven't had it yet, do yourself a favor, and get it. I may have some here, if anyone needs anything, shoot me an email and I can see what kind of deals I have cooking.
    The man with the plan! Email sent Boss!

Aj
  • Options
    Dang now I have to add more to my list. I think I spent close to $300 this month. I better watch it! At least with jarring it wont go bad. Was tempted on a deal for a briar, since I still smoke using a cob. But it smokes nice, but admittedly hot regardlesss how gentle I puff. Guy on ebay briarguy. Any reviews on his pipes besides ebay remarks? Thanks.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Have Mr. Lamb pick you out a nice Savinelli pipe. They run about $60-$100 but are excellent smokers. There are many many shapes and sizes to choose from.
  • Options
    Marker:
    Have Mr. Lamb pick you out a nice Savinelli pipe. They run about $60-$100 but are excellent smokers. There are many many shapes and sizes to choose from.
    I am so tempted to see if he will cut me a good deal on a Stanwell right now... having recently found out my estate piece was from the 20's i dont wanna crack it. car parts or baccy..... such a hard decision!

Aj
  • Options
    Marker:
    What are your toughts on briars. Overrated? Hard to smoke? Just curious and looking for input.
  • Options
    Briars are awesome, but they will all differ. Just like anything, you may get one that is a dud and doesn't smoke well, draft holes drilled incorrectly...etc. In the end, you will get what you pay for. The hardest part is just breaking in the pipe slowly and not over doing it until you have a nice cake built up.
  • Options
    slamb@cigar.com:
    Briars are awesome, but they will all differ. Just like anything, you may get one that is a dud and doesn't smoke well, draft holes drilled incorrectly...etc. In the end, you will get what you pay for. The hardest part is just breaking in the pipe slowly and not over doing it until you have a nice cake built up.
    Sean, how do you feel about "Pear Root Wood"?

Aj
  • Options
    Brian did you receive my email deal question?
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    dr_frankenstein56:
    slamb@cigar.com:

Aj
    My friend, I would be very careful about buying anything other then briar. I know several smokers now who have smoked years longer than I have and while they have all tried other woods, most (not all) have had to toss them. Either the wood has a soft spot and burns through or they crack. Not saying that cannot happen with a briar but those whose opinion I trust have all steered me away from other types of wood.
  • Options
    J.S.:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    slamb@cigar.com:

Aj
    My friend, I would be very careful about buying anything other then briar. I know several smokers now who have smoked years longer than I have and while they have all tried other woods, most (not all) have had to toss them. Either the wood has a soft spot and burns through or they crack. Not saying that cannot happen with a briar but those whose opinion I trust have all steered me away from other types of wood.
    lol. ive been smoking out of some china pipes for a few months now- I dont know what kind of wood it is (pallet?) but they are okay at best. They look like they were drilled by Ray Charles and I had to rework them hard to make them smokable, but for the price i cant complain (sub 5 dollars). I guess I realized im not as picky on the piece. But I had seen some amazing looking "Pear Wood" pipes that for the price again, I was curious enough to want one. I made a pipe out of Creosote Bush once.... THAT was a serious smoking mistake!

Aj
  • Options
    I have not dabbled much into other woods per say. I have had a Olive wood, and it smoked really, really well, and I would most definitely recommend them. Other than that, you need to watch. Obviously there are other mediums out there to work with, i.e. Corn cobs and Meerschaum.
  • Options
    sabujsabuj Posts: 6
    Kent .