Home General Discussion
Options

You guys were right

I recieved my 20 ct humidor about a month ago, and I just finished ordering a 150 ct imperfect. I only smoke 1-2 a day, and even that is just not doable with less than a 100ct. Plus, the humi will pay for its self now that I can take advantage of bulk deals. I'm thinking I'll use my 20ct for long term aging of my best cigars only(or travel). The sad thing is, I'm already wondering if the 150 ct will be enough now that my wife has got into it.

Anyways, just giving the forum props. I should have listened, and went for a larger humi in the first place. Oh well, I'm sure some of you can identify.

Well, have to run. I have to hurry up and smoke another one to make needed room in my 20ct. It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.

Comments

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee, It's all part of the process. I too started with a 20 count and I am now filling my third humidor. It is nice being able to take advantage of the deals.
  • Options
    Man, their was a 440ct cofee table/humi that I had to talk myself down from the ledge from. This is a fast acting hobby. I just kept picturing me explaining that to the wife why I needed it. Thank god common sense prevailed.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lol, you just need a 3000 count cabinet like me....
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    leemarshall337:
    I recieved my 20 ct humidor about a month ago, and I just finished ordering a 150 ct imperfect. I only smoke 1-2 a day, and even that is just not doable with less than a 100ct. Plus, the humi will pay for its self now that I can take advantage of bulk deals. I'm thinking I'll use my 20ct for long term aging of my best cigars only(or travel). The sad thing is, I'm already wondering if the 150 ct will be enough now that my wife has got into it. Anyways, just giving the forum props. I should have listened, and went for a larger humi in the first place. Oh well, I'm sure some of you can identify. Well, have to run. I have to hurry up and smoke another one to make needed room in my 20ct. It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.
    RubberMaid bins and beads work great.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I'm getting to the point where I have a 100ct and a 50 ct full now. But I like the way my 100 ct looks, so I didn't want to buy a bigger one. So I built a coolidor. Problem solved. Now I have tons of room for more sticks and I can still keep a few in a nice looking humidor for display. Including beads, the cooler, hygrometer, etc. I'll end up spending about $50 on the coolidor.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    i started out with a 20, then a 75-100, now i just bought my 300-400ct. I would love to have one of those 3000ct cabinets phobic! (my wife on the other hand...)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started with a 150 that I got at an insurance recovery store for $34. The store always gets new products everyday and I have never seen a humidor there. The day I decided to buy one bam they have a 150 count for $34. I just picked up a 20 count and an 8 pack sampler for only $15. The offer might still be available if anyone is interested in that deal. I wanted to buy several but you can only get one.
  • Options
    bibbybibby Posts: 152
    Jsnake, Can you PM me the details of that 20 ct plus 8 stick sampler for $15 when you get a chance, thanks.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    only 1-2 a day.

HA!

most of us only smoke 2-4 a week. 1-2 a day is WAY more than most of us.

...only 1-2...
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I nailed the deal just before it ended. However, there is an 8 cigar sampler for $10 and throw in a Herfador for $5 more. Supposed to receive my 20 count tomorrow with some new cigars. I hate waiting.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I listened.... I got the 300 count right away. Too bad it only holds about 100. Now I want Kriegs.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    only 1-2 a day.

HA!

most of us only smoke 2-4 a week. 1-2 a day is WAY more than most of us.

...only 1-2...
    I'm in that category, probably 2-4 a month anymore....
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I'm down to 3 or so a day now, work has been cutting into my stogie time... I'm not complaining, though..
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    I'm down to 3 or so a day now, work has been cutting into my stogie time... I'm not complaining, though..
    Are you okay??? Do you need some help??

Will SOMEONE please make CABI smoke MORE!!! He ONLY has room for about 500 more cigars, and they way he buys he's gonna full up soon!