Home Non Cigar Related

Le-a.......how would you pronounce that?

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
How would you pronounce this as a child's name???

Leah?? NO

Lee - A?? NOPE

Lay - a?? NO

Lei?? Guess Again.

Are you resorting to tongue clicks yet??

It's pronounced 'Ledasha' oh yes...you read it right.

This child attends a school in Livingston Parish. (Louisiana)
Her mother is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong.
When the mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name, she said 'the dash don't be silent.' This is messed up. The dash "-" is not silent.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    this is almost word for word of of snopes.

"Le-a" link

...still funny
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got it yesterday and thought it was funny as hell. Is it a true story?
  • 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    Follow kuzi's link to snopes. Snopes is the best at sniffing out internet bs. If you see an unbelievable picture or story on the nets, odds are snopes has confirmed or denied the truthfulness of it.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    This kind of nonsense isn't unrealistic though. My next-door neighbor is an elementary school teacher in a district that was formed by federal consent decree aimed at desegragating schools in the suburbs here. She was telling me yesterday she has a student named Inphinite? Huh? And why the "ph?" Also, in a class of about 30 students, only 10 or so parents showed up last night for a meet-the-teacher conference.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    My wife works in a hospital in Detroit. One of the newborns was actually name Le-a, and yes you are supposed to pronounce the "-"
    My personal favorite name choice (one of the nurses there keeps track of the hilarious ones) was a set of twin girls born to Ms. Titts. Name the Luscious and Lovely. No this is not a forward, and no I am not joking.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny names are great. It is amazing how some parents minds operate when it comes to naming their children. It really brings out the stoopid in some ;)
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    How about this name - Stan is love... Oh wait... That's my name, Stanislav hahahh...
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Edit: Erasing this.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    my wife went to school with a girl named **** (pronounced "sha theed")
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kuzi16:

Sounds Muslim for **** ...I'm just sayin ...
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    That's what I want to name my dog.... Come Here ****!!!