Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

Comments

• martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    now seasoning it... i dump a gallon of water in it? just kidding. sweet humidor though.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    100ct Rocky Patel Humidor... I needed space to buy more stuff...
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Congrats on the purchase!...I wouldn't be surprised if Kuzi pops in with his quote on this, but you probably should've bought a far bigger humi. I went from my 1st humi (20ct) directly to a 300ct...and it'll probably take me all of 6 months max to fill it up (but I'm looking forward to the process!).
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Diamondog:

ejenne87 RE: DAMN bro! nice! I know there are a lot of us on here that are jelous of this!
    Bro, you'll probably find out if you ever do a trade or game with Evan (ejenne87). This guy is seriously one of the most generous guys on the board I would think. I sent him a $7 hygro because he couldn't find one over there (he's deployed military), and he sent me a ridiculous thank you package worth like 7 or 8 times what I paid for the hygro... True BOTL there, for damn sure.

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will attest to that! In the newbie thread, ejenne87, offered sticks to the new guys. I took him up on it. He sent 7 oliva sticks (including 2 cains). The man is more than generous. He truely is a brother to us all. Hats off to ejenne87...Thanks brother for all you do!!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Hays:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Congrats on the purchase!...I wouldn't be surprised if Kuzi pops in with his quote on this, but you probably should've bought a far bigger humi. I went from my 1st humi (20ct) directly to a 300ct...and it'll probably take me all of 6 months max to fill it up (but I'm looking forward to the process!).

oh dude this is the second 100ct (the first one is the 5 Vegas Tradicion). I went kinda nuts... I'm maintaining 5 humis at the moment. already have enough stick in route to fill up the new one.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    2 lbs. of new 65% beads from that source I mentioned in another thread about humi beads.

These are the Museum quality beads and they were cheaper than the heartfelt beads. Came with pouches for holding the beads thrown in, KEWL.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That really is a great deal Doug. I checked it out myself and purchased 2 pounds and got the 1/2 pound sacks for a little more than the cost of one pound of Heartfelt beads. Good stuff. Thanks for mentioning that.
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    Went crazy drunk bidding and the package arrived today. this is what I ended up with, 50 cigarillos, 25 makers choice, cu avan intenso 5pk, herencia cubana 5pk, mejor emerald 5pk and victor sinclair triple corojo 5pk. 95 cigars for 60 bucks shipped hahah

When I stopped smoking cigars a couple years ago I took up cigarettes, trying to kick that so I got some cigarillos, the makers choice are for mooching friends, the rest are going to sleep for a while and if they suck also for mooching friends. Cheers!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I did some bidding towards the end of last week into the beginning of this week, today I got the consolidated winnings. A 5 count box of La Flor Dominicana Ligero Mysterios, wow what an impressive looking cigar. A 5 pack of La Aurora Preferidos cameroon Preferido #1 and a 5 pack of Preferidos Ecuadorian Sumatra robustos. Three Ashton Monarch tubos. Three La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet torpedos. 2 boxes DPG Tabacos Baez favoritos. And to top it off, a La Flor Dominicana assorted 5 count box of perfectos and a mini box of La Flor Ligero Carajos mini-smokes.

Wow, that looks like an awful lot.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Just got back from the Rocky Patel Event here in WI. Picked up 2 1961 Torpedos, 1 Patel Bros, and a freebie Old World Reserve. And an autograph on an ITC 10th box :)
  • AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    Picked up some Tatuaje Drac's and Boris's. The Boris is a really good full bodied cigar. The Drac is more medium bodied with a little sweetness to it. Now to wait and see what some rest does for the other's.
  • I got the new Room 101 60 Guage. It looks really good. I'm a sucker for everything new.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Picked up a few things at the Nick Johnson event me and Puro were at tonight.

Cabaiguan
    Ambos Mundos
    Cain Maduro
    601 Green
    Nub Habano
    Nording
    RP Autumn Collection 09

All in all, not a bad night!!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I had a great time at the Pete Johnson event and got to meet MattMarvel too. Was a great event and I got to pick up something will turn a few people green with envy. I split a box of the GHOST CIGAR! The El Triunfador Lanceros!!!!! Since we split the box we got 2 tickets to put in for the drawings and won with BOTH tickets! Won a Tatuaje cap, and 3 Havana VI's. Plus since we bought the box we got the free-be's which included a 3 pack of the Tatuaje Blacks, a cutter, another Tatuaje cap, a patch, and a pin. Of course we will split all that stuff up but we made out pretty damn good.

Also while I was there I smoked and Ambos Mundos natural which was great, and even though the didn't have any of the Drac's, Pete had one box of another special Halloween release cigar called the "Boris" and I just got to the front of the line in time and snagged the last one! Great night for me!!!
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    PuroFreak:
    Well I had a great time at the Pete Johnson event and got to meet MattMarvel too. Was a great event and I got to pick up something will turn a few people green with envy. I split a box of the GHOST CIGAR! The El Triunfador Lanceros!!!!! Since we split the box we got 2 tickets to put in for the drawings and won with BOTH tickets! Won a Tatuaje cap, and 3 Havana VI's. Plus since we bought the box we got the free-be's which included a 3 pack of the Tatuaje Blacks, a cutter, another Tatuaje cap, a patch, and a pin. Of course we will split all that stuff up but we made out pretty damn good.

Also while I was there I smoked and Ambos Mundos natural which was great, and even though the didn't have any of the Drac's, Pete had one box of another special Halloween release cigar called the "Boris" and I just got to the front of the line in time and snagged the last one! Great night for me!!!
    damn, what a haul. I'm definitely green with envy. Those El Truinfadors are great stick and I've heard that the Boris (Frank undressed) is good too. Congrats Jason.

was there any talk about the new Tubos he has coming out?
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I got 10 Rocky 1961's
    10 Rocky "Patel Bros"
    5 Rocky Renaissance
    and Rocky Patel Lighter!!!
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    I got a wrong order. Hope Jeff makes it wright. Two weeks only to get the wrong stuff sucks!!!
    TheShaun:
    I got a wrong order. Hope Jeff makes it wright. Two weeks only to get the wrong stuff sucks!!!
    I don't think that you need to worry about it, but that does suck when you are waiting with Baited Breath to get some fresh stoagies and then you have to wait MORE!
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    I joined CRA today (cigarrights.org) hoping I get the Tat Black. If not I might get the sampler, all for a good cause imo.

Later I put in an order for a Tat Drac and Boris sampler, I hope they didn't sell out before my order went through. *crosses fingers*
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    nickgonzo:
    Later I put in an order for a Tat Drac and Boris sampler, I hope they didn't sell out before my order went through. *crosses fingers*
    and where were you able to do this.....call me interested, pm me if you will
    Lasabar:
    I got 10 Rocky 1961's
    10 Rocky "Patel Bros"
    5 Rocky Renaissance
    im not sure which im more excited about trying the the 1961 or the Patel Bros
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    bbc020:
    PuroFreak:

damn, what a haul. I'm definitely green with envy. Those El Truinfadors are great stick and I've heard that the Boris (Frank undressed) is good too. Congrats Jason.

was there any talk about the new Tubos he has coming out?
    I didn't hear anything about the Tubos at the event. I got him to sign my box of the House Blend for the shop and he told me the story about how he and Kent came up with the idea for the blend sitting in the back room of the shop drinking one night. It was a cool event but I was bummed that they didn't have any of the Dracs. Kent said he is probably going to get some in so maybe we can still get our hands on some. The Boris looks awesome though. It's a huge cigar and I can't wait to smoke it, but I'll probably be holding onto that one for quite some time.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    I got 10 Rocky 1961's
    10 Rocky "Patel Bros"
    5 Rocky Renaissance
    Damn, they had the 1961 at the event by you? They didn't bring any of those to our event. They had the same deal though, that lighter is pretty badass, isn't it? The only thing I wish I did differently was to see what the free 5-pack was, because I put 5 Renaissance in the mix-n-match 20, then turned around and got a free 5 pack of them. If I had known that's what thefree 5er was, I woulda gotten more Patel Brothers.
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I don't know what I am getting today, supposedly the COTMC and then something else too. But I don't remember at all so its going to be a big surprise! Where the f#ck is the mailman!?
    NYHCx516x:
    Lasabar:
    I got 10 Rocky 1961's
    10 Rocky "Patel Bros"
    5 Rocky Renaissance
    im not sure which im more excited about trying the the 1961 or the Patel Bros
    I'm Semi over the Patel Bros. the Habano wrapper and the complexity that Rocky described sounds delicious... but then the powerhouse of the 1961 does seem interesting
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Be excited about that Patel Brothers man, seriously. It is hands down my second favorite RP cigar now, just behind the Decade.
    HOLY CRAP. 2 boxes. 1 on the way (COTM). 1st box, sampler order, including the Olvia Master Blend, a MOW Runiation, Nica Libra and some others, cant remember. 2nd box was a way uneven trade. Sent a friend (not on this message board) 2 Gurhka Titans (didnt like them much) and a MOW. I got back a box with 2 Gurhka (I think shaggy salamons, no label), 5 Vegas gold , regular, and "A" - all giant churchills. And some kinda special edition Montecristo White. Its beautiful.
    Got a 15ct Herf-a-Dor in the mail today...man, this thing is badass! Too bad I bought it as a present and now I have to give it away :-( lol...

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today i bought a couple of Oliva serie V maduros (2009)

i walk into the B&M and my friend who works there says "we got these in" and points.
    about .3 seconds later i had em in my hands.