Home General Discussion
Options

Spring Cleaning Find...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey Eric!! Look what I found while I was Spring Cleaning!! LOL

Seriously, though... for those of you who own coolidors... is this type acceptable for conversion? I'm thinking no, because it has a split top, which probably doesn't allow for the most air tight seal.
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    The split top may not matter, hard to tell just from a picture. That bring said, the point of most coolers is to "seal in" the cold temps so they tend to seal up pretty much air tight. Worst case is people modify and improve the seal with some well placed weather stripping foam from Wally world. My only concern would be ensuring you clean that thing THOROUGHLY with cleaners and disinfectant, looks pretty nasty in the bottom. Sometimes its easier to just buy a new one, but then you have the plastic smell to remove which is a hassle in and of itself.
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    I could be wrong but, you know what might seal that split? some foam tape.
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I'd bolt that lid together, then run some type of sealant in the crack. Bolt it together from the inside with a strip of cedar or something.
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck. Give me a few weeks and I might help you fill it.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes that would work ..... And fills up nicely :)