Home General Discussion

Help question! THEHILK stay away...

Hi there, so as most of you know, TheHilk is my husband and his birthday is coming up in a couple weeks. he asked for a cooler??? Now, if it's me, I'll be getting him a cooler from like walmart, that you put drinks in, is that what he's talking about? I'd love some direction on where to go to get these! thinking in the $100-$200 price range. nothing wicked fancy, but something that holds alot. I don't come on here TOO often, so if you want to leave a comment here that's cool, but if you want to email me one, thilker14@gmail.com would be even better. Thank you!

Comments

• No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Haha awesome, we'll help fill it. I'm sure many people here can answer better than I, but you're basically right. Look for a cooler that has a good seal meaning when closed it is air-tight. Also, look for ones that hold constant temperature. I used reviews on Amazon and such to find a cooler with a lot of good reviews mentioning temp and seal. I don't know what a lot is though so other people should answer... 48qt??
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Buahahahahahaah! LOVE IT! Yes, Wal-Mart cooler is perfect. A one piece lid is preferred. You are looking for one that says "Holds ice for X days".

-Jay
    @d3sc3n7
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    No_one21:
    Haha awesome, we'll help fill it. I'm sure many people here can answer better than I, but you're basically right. Look for a cooler that has a good seal meaning when closed it is air-tight. Also, look for ones that hold constant temperature. I used reviews on Amazon and such to find a cooler with a lot of good reviews mentioning temp and seal. I don't know what a lot is though so other people should answer... 48qt??
    In the price range she's talking about. You are looking at the 100+ QT range. Holds hundreds of sticks. AND! this place will ensure he get's it filled.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    I would go bigger than a 48qt... mine filled up really fast. get like a 96qt. looking like 80 bucks
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • walmart it is!!!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a 120 qt coleman for like $50. Use the rest for cigars!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • should I be getting one with one of those fancy locks on it?
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call Ccom on the phone and I am sure they will hook you up if you want to get some cigars as well.
  • what do you guys think about this one? looks sharp too... http://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-Super-Tough-120-Qt-Cooler/24413756
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Igloo has great reviews, my cooler is an Igloo. Works great!
  • I don't really see any on cigar.com... so yeah I'll hae to give them a call. i like how sharp this igloo one looks!
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Mrs.the.hilk:
    what do you guys think about this one? looks sharp too... http://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-Super-Tough-120-Qt-Cooler/24413756
    perfect !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    Mrs.the.hilk:
    what do you guys think about this one? looks sharp too... http://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-Super-Tough-120-Qt-Cooler/24413756
    perfect !
    I agree, that one is SLICK!!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, The Hilk is going to have an empty cooler on his birthday. What day would that be?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get the Yeti
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    If you want to get way fancy, check out the custom shelving: http://www.wineadors.com/coolidors.html
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Shouldn't he have some cedar trays and dividers for that cooler?? I don't see any on Ccom's humi page but Amazon has a few choices.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    As perkinke noted, he should have some cedar trays and dividers for that cooler. I don't see any on Ccom's humi page but Amazon has a few choices.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Igloo model you are looking at seems like a really nice choice for cigar storage. Those latches will help make it have a great seal.

But In case they don't have those in stock, Here's the ones I use and recommend. Coleman 70-Quart Xtreme Cooler. It's more of a medium size but it's super easy to move around by myself. And at $40 is a great value. And they make a 120 quart size too for $55.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-70-Quart-Xtreme-Cooler/23795246?action=product_interest&action_type=title&placement_id=irs_middle&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=71056863263&category=0:4125:4128:5164&client_guid=6fb1a667-bd6f-4bf7-b24a-e01b6e7b80d4&config_id=0&parent_item_id=14574678&guid=5b809764-0ff4-457d-9f2e-68887793680c&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&findingMethod=p13n
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    I have a Coleman extreme. Its 2 - 3 years old and works great. The sticker said that it keeps ice at 32* for 5 days. That is at 90* outside temp. It's 90 quarts ? and well within your price range. I know the newer model is bigger and has wheels. Hope this helps.
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    The igloo 150qt is the one I have a couple of. With prime you can usually get it shipped to your door for about $70-100 depending on if it's on sale. I've never had problems with it
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I bought a 48qt. Filled it in a month. It seems if you have the room...you dont have the room anymore.

Go big or go home!

• flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    So, The Hilk is going to have an empty cooler on his birthday. What day would that be?
    PM me, maybe we can help his wife out!!
  • Yes!!! His birthday is coming up April 11th!!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, Mrs.the.Hilk! I don't have a cooler, so I'd go with the suggestions from those who do. Nothing sadder on your birthday than a shiny, new, EMPTY cooler... that's where we can help! :^)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mrs.the.hilk:
    Yes!!! His birthday is coming up April 11th!!
    PM me some things he would enjoy! :)
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Oh My Damn! Sold out by the woman who loves him. I dont know if she knows what she has really done to him. Whatever size cooler you were thinking of buying Mrs. Hilk, you better double it!
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I'm in on this one, would anyone happen to have his addy? Don't everyone pm me at once!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    I think I'm in on this one, would anyone happen to have his addy? Don't everyone pm me at once!
    PM sent son!