Home Ratings & Reviews

Alec Bradley event reveiw.

twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
A.B flag photo Photo0472_zpsae58e0a7.jpg last night wife and i went to an A.B event at our local cigar bar(Island Girl) running event special buy 3 get 1 free.raffles give away was advertised.bouhgt a few sticks received some nico puros for free not my choice but the sales rep.ok wife got herself a girlie smoke received event discount on that from store owner ok .had a great time with the wife had some drinks live music all excellent the store woner did an awesome job on his end.nico pura was an excellent med to full body smoke!!had hints of coffee with a touch of a leathery after note.consistent through out the whole smoke.would definitely recommendto stronger flavor enthusiasts.was dissapointed with sales rep.only seemed interested in talking to me while i was in the walkin making my purchasing decision.had table full of promotional items on display hats tshirts cutters etc etc .the whole 4 hrs the wife and i where there not onse was anything "raffled" or passed out.as event was winding down i asked about purchasing a tshirt from the table sales rep told me they were more just for display???was dissapointed with the sales rep but had an excellnet time thanks to the owner and staff!!!
no matter where you go, there you are.

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That seems very odd. They do the raffle as big deal and clean off the table that way. I saw Shotgun John win a couple of really cool things from Studio Tobac including vodka. Did anyone else complain? Maybe ask the district manager what their protocol is at events?
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey jim,yeah i was m=kinda surprised also been to an R.P event and a studio tobac event and they were very up front rffling off stuff every half hour and shootin freebies evry hour.my only thought was it was a raint thursday night with very low turn out and from what i saw low sales for an event.maybe next time will be better!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at an AB event maybe 2 years ago and it was the same thing. It was put on by Sosa, an AB vice president, and it was run the same way...crappy.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Vendors are getting cheaper and cheaper! I remember a davidoff event and they had the tasting just like GAR deli. It was a great time and wish they all were like that! Scotch catered food and well davidoffs! But for a zino event they really stepped it down. No food no tasting no raffle...not sure what's going on since every guy I've met in the biz is doing really well!
    Money can't buy taste