Home Cigar 101
Options

Where do you get your beads???

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
I'm finally looking into putting a decent humidification system into my humidor and I was wondering where everyone gets their Heartfelt beads? Do you go to Heartfelt Industries website, or do you get them elsewhere. Please PM me with directions to where you think I should go.

Comments

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I purchased mine directly from the website. I didn't think to look anywhere else, lol.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    I purchased mine directly from the website. I didn't think to look anywhere else, lol.
    LOL I'm pretty much right here with Tat...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Yup....go to the website. I didn't even look anywhere else.
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    Im actually a bargain hunter and checked all over for a better price, even ebay, and the best price around is on their site. Plus the shipping was fast.
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    Yeah I just bought from them. Remember to get more than you think you'll need. good to have the extra "humidity storing power"
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus, the guy who runs the place, Dave, I think his name is, will bend over backward to help a customer in any way he can. In addition to my beads, I bought an adjustable hygrometer from him and, when I couldn't get it to calibrate properly, he sent me another one to replace it - free. He's a very acommodating guy and looks out for us cigar folk.

Marty

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Website... and the little 2oz. bottle works GREAT too!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    Plus, the guy who runs the place, Dave, I think his name is, will bend over backward to help a customer in any way he can. In addition to my beads, I bought an adjustable hygrometer from him and, when I couldn't get it to calibrate properly, he sent me another one to replace it - free. He's a very acommodating guy and looks out for us cigar folk.

Marty

I would have to second that notion. I bought $50 worth of beads from him about not even 2 days later he sends out an email about a sale they're having. I emailed him to see if he could do anything for my $50 order that I placed 1 day too early, and he basically gave me $5 off my next order. It ain't much, but when you don't have to do anything, it's still pretty cool...not to mention, he kept a customer.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    This is where I just ordered some beads from. They are available in the 65% or 70% beads, and are the type of beads used in Museums for long term RH control.

From what I see comparing sites... these guys are a lot cheaper then Heartfelt. Give 'em a look.

http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=ACC-CONSERVAGEL
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    A quick note about Heartfelt. If you've read my thread about low humidity issues, you know I've had a few questions. So I fire off an email to David at Heartfelt this morning (Saturday), I explain what's going on and that my humi is seasoned and seals well. He emails back with in minutes asking if my hygro is calibrated. I reply that I have salt tested it several times. Again, within minutes he replies saying that he's finds salt testing to be somewhat hit or miss, and tells me he's sending me a calibration kit. He just offers to send me a kit for free! and tells me to contact him once I've checked my hygro with it. I'm going to wind up having to buy more beads, or a new hygro, or both, and I'd be very hard pressed not to give him my business. And all on a Saturday. I wasn't expecting a reply until Monday at the earliest.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    TheShaun:
    A quick note about Heartfelt. If you've read my thread about low humidity issues, you know I've had a few questions. So I fire off an email to David at Heartfelt this morning (Saturday), I explain what's going on and that my humi is seasoned and seals well. He emails back with in minutes asking if my hygro is calibrated. I reply that I have salt tested it several times. Again, within minutes he replies saying that he's finds salt testing to be somewhat hit or miss, and tells me he's sending me a calibration kit. He just offers to send me a kit for free! and tells me to contact him once I've checked my hygro with it. I'm going to wind up having to buy more beads, or a new hygro, or both, and I'd be very hard pressed not to give him my business. And all on a Saturday. I wasn't expecting a reply until Monday at the earliest.
    Hmm.... it sure is awesome that some of the best customer service you can ask for is in the industry that we all so love...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨