Home Cigar 101
Options

Burn issues when its windy

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
I have noticed that when it is windy I tend to get a lot of burn issues. I always try to rotate the stick, but I end up having to touch it up with the torch.

Other then not smoking when its windy, any digestions?
One God, One Truth

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wind can cause the fire to flare up and burn faster on your cigar. I always rotate but often touch up myself in the wind. It is just one of those things. You should notice your cigar seems to burn faster in general in the wind. It causes that oxygen to get to that flame quicker. I don't know how to prevent this other then to get out of the wind.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I heard holding a larger ash helps with the wind issue buy insulating the ember better.... But it sounds a little far fetched.

Aj
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could almost see that but sometimes it is hard to keep a long ash in the wind. No matter if it is windy or not I ask myself all the time.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the luxury of smoking in my room and I have had burn issues that I had been passing off as "I smoke too fast" and blaming myself. I also burn White Sage to mask the smell of my cigars before the smoke goes whole house. Well one day I moved the sage holder closer to my desk and noticed my Sage burning way to fast and the smoke becoming, shall we say, hard to see through. In a blinding flash of genius perception I moved the Sage away from the AC output, and in a second flash I realized this was causing my cigars to burn irregularly and going out too often. Golly gee willikers I say, and move my ash tray to the other side the desk.

But like AJ suggests I did notice if I kept a long ash my re-lighting was considerable less and turning did produce an even burn in most cases. Of course that is inside the house.

Outside I carry a torch lighter.