Home Cigar 101

Extra leaves in box purchase?

GerbilllGerbilll Posts: 6
So recently bought the DE Kuba Grande box (first box purchase ever) and the cigars had bunches of tobacco leaves surrounding them. What, if anything, can you do with those leaves? Keep em? Toss em? Smoke em?

Comments

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    They're delicious with onion dip.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    200 degree open door oven to dry them first.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS Welcome to the forum.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like a dash of hot sauce on them too
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Gerbilll:
    So recently bought the DE Kuba Grande box (first box purchase ever) and the cigars had bunches of tobacco leaves surrounding them. What, if anything, can you do with those leaves? Keep em? Toss em? Smoke em?
    Welcome to the forums. They're usually for presentation purposes only. I usually toss 'em.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    wwhwang:
    Gerbilll:
    Welcome to the forums. They're usually for presentation purposes only. I usually toss 'em.
    This. Just toss them.
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    Welcome to the forum!!!!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Save it it's the liga wrapper tobacco...jk it's just crap toss it
    Money can't buy taste
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Someone on the boards has been using them in place of water pillows, Toombes maybe?
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    Someone on the boards has been using them in place of water pillows, Toombes maybe?
    That would be me.

A friend of mine returned from a trip to Puerta Vallarta with a cigar in a baggie from Don Sumpin-or-other rolled in a stall at the mercado. When he told the guy he was toting it back to Dull-Aware, the good Don stuck a sacrificial baccy leaf in the baggie to keep it fresh. It worked. I caught on cause they not only do the job but they smell nice doing it.

Keep em long as they smell nice. Smoke them if you have enough to roll a blunt. Don't eat them, cause the leaves are sposed to be poisonous. Or use them next time you send out a package of cigars.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:

Keep em long as they smell nice. Smoke them if you have enough to roll a blunt. Don't eat them, cause the leaves are sposed to be poisonous. Or use them next time you send out a package of cigars.

I throw them in the top shelf of humi for aroma then throw them out after a while
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    They're delicious with onion dip.
    lies
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    webmost:
    perkinke:
    That would be me.

A friend of mine returned from a trip to Puerta Vallarta with a cigar in a baggie from Don Sumpin-or-other rolled in a stall at the mercado. When he told the guy he was toting it back to Dull-Aware, the good Don stuck a sacrificial baccy leaf in the baggie to keep it fresh. It worked. I caught on cause they not only do the job but they smell nice doing it.

This is interesting, thanks for the post! I would have just thrown them out if I ever got them, but I'll definitely save them now.
  • ejasenovicejasenovic Posts: 66
    That definitely seems like a cool idea. Any other boxes/companies have this kind of decoration? Also...a good idea for a gift! (Complete with onion dip, of course)