Home General Discussion

Infused cigars

ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
I know, I know, but I have to ask. The wife was out with me while I was smoking a MOW Ruination today and asked, "So do you like really strong cigars?" After a bit of back and forth, she admitted that she was a bit curious and wanted to try a cigar, but was scared it would be really strong. She then asked if I had any infused cigars. All I had a was a Kuba Kuba from one of my first trips to the B&M (I grabbed a handful of sticks with eye-catching bands) so I grabbed it. The only infused cigar I've ever had was a Blondie from the same B&M run. She didn't really care for it and felt it just tasted like "kitchen spices" that I later identified as cloves (yes, I tried it). She probably would have liked the Blondie better. Does anyone out there that smokes infused cigars have any recommendations for her?
East Side 2015
KLMOW Badge 8/2014
Team Trident 2014

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My girlfriend likes most of the Tatiana line. They have many different flavors, and are sold here. Honorknight7 sent her some a while back and got her hooked, ask him he knows a lot about these.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't think she'd like any of the Acids. I'd recommend the Java line if she likes coffee. If she's looking for something mild to medium with a bit of complexity, I'd recommend the Gurkha Grand Reserve. I usually don't smoke infused, but the cognac, sweet cedar, and citrus makes it an infused line I'd go back to.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try the DE Java line as Wayne said. They have a mint flavored one which is really good for the ladies. I think they have a petit corona size which works well.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife likes the CAO flavours line,they sell a sampler here they are a petite cigar 4
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    My wife likes the CAO flavours line,they sell a sampler here they are a petite cigar 4
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Java Mint....expensive....good......java java java java.....
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    My wife will only smoke flavored/infused, she started off cigars with DE acids, she will still have one now and then (usually a blondie or kuba - though those are getting few & far between as she is growing out of them)
    but mostly only smokes the Tatiana cigars & DE Natural's Dirt torpedo now
    She likes most of what Tatiana offers but Demands to have a handful of the mocha line at all times, she also likes the DE java & isla del sol at times, she will have a cuban honey now and then also, usually at (yard gar time) when we don't want to waste one we love but want a cigar while busy outside
    She somewhat likes CAO's but only if its all that's available
    If she had to choose one type of cigar she had to live with, it would be a top 2 list of
    Tatiana Mocha 1st, then DE Naturals dirt torpedo 2nd
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    As the Knight said in The Last Crusade "He choose Poorly" I gave my then girlfriend now wife a Hemingway short story on night after she said she wanted to try one.. I fired up an Ashton..she choked a bit..looked at me and said "this tastes horrible." That was 6 years ago. :( Def go with a java as mentioned then branch out from there..I'm still paying for choosing poorly.. lol
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! Interesting to see others have ventured down the same road with their spouse/girlfriend. I'll probably hit Sean up for a sampler of Tatiana and CAO after we close on the new house and go from there.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014