Home General Discussion

Got the itch again - looking for some 'Gars to get me going

I started lurking around this forum almost half a decade ago and have really enjoyed a good smoke in the past but between marriage, a child, relocation, and just life in general I am ashamed to admit that I have lost my way when it comes to cigars and feel as if I am starting over. I have my eye on a couple samplers to get my humi stocked up again and wanted to get the pro's (you guys) feedback on the selected sticks? Any guidance is appreciated! Top Rated Bakers Dozen http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?prod=SP-CIGASST245 Father Son Duos http://www.cigar.com/cigars/Expert_Picks.asp

Comments

• 0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
    Just realized after I wrote this that five years ago exactly this month is when I joined the forum! My how time flies......
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back to the forums, brother. I know what it's like to lose track of time and go on a hiatus. I stopped smoking for 2 years and when I came back, I felt like I was a newbie again with all the new releases and a lot of my favorites were either discontinued or reblended.

That being said, the sampler would really depend on what you loved smoking before your hiatus. When in doubt though, you can't go wrong with calling or emailing the ccom staff for suggestions and deals.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back to the forum! The bakers dozen that cccom has is chop full of good sticks. Really a great price at like $3.75 a stick or so.$49.99 is hard to beat.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I think the Top-Rated Baker's Dozen is one of Ccom's best samplers. For one thing, it's one of the few that isn't overloaded with the "ccom/ci-exclusive" brands (MOW, Diesel, etc.) and it's got a good selection of the big cigar families (My Father, Alec Bradley, Rocky). Most of these are going to be on medium to full flavored side, so if you favor milder cigars this probably isn't a great choice. For, this would have been better if the La Aurora were a Cameroon or Ecuador, and I personally think that the Sancho Panza and Rocky Patel Decade are waited overrated, but for a good selection of premium brands this is a good choice.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back Matt. I would call or email a rep here and have one of them fix you up.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    I think the Top-Rated Baker's Dozen is one of Ccom's best samplers. For one thing, it's one of the few that isn't overloaded with the "ccom/ci-exclusive" brands (MOW, Diesel, etc.) and it's got a good selection of the big cigar families (My Father, Alec Bradley, Rocky). Most of these are going to be on medium to full flavored side, so if you favor milder cigars this probably isn't a great choice. For, this would have been better if the La Aurora were a Cameroon or Ecuador, and I personally think that the Sancho Panza and Rocky Patel Decade are waited overrated, but for a good selection of premium brands this is a good choice.
    +1 You might also consider the "build your own" sampler.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I think he needs a fresh welcoming package.......

Whatcha guys think?

Aj
    I appreciate the advice and the truly generous gesture to send a welcome package. It's boards like these that make hobbies all the more fun and enjoyable.
    So here is what I went with to help me regenerate an old hobby/future addiction: Image and video hosting by TinyPic