Home General Discussion

Please choose my birthday cigar - ANEJO WINS

ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
Choices, choices... My birthday hits on a Friday this year - this Friday! Woo hoo! I have been so blessed to get to know many of you awesome BOTL's and as a result I have a difficult choice to make, as you can see. If you could help me out by voting for which cigar I should enjoy, I would appreciate it. Oh, and vote for the cigar, not the BOTL (ha ha) just wanted to acknowledge them.

Comments

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Happy B-Day. I vote Fuente. Opus-X before dinner, Anejo after the cake and spankings.
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Opus-X
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Fuente. Happy Birthday!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    (is the lost city aged enough?) i go with the fuente xtra
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoke em all. If I had to choose one, the Fuente
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh man.... The Opus all the way man!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Also say Fuente.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    Happy B-Day. I vote Fuente. Opus-X before dinner, Anejo after the cake and spankings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Happy Birthday. I would have either the LFD or Lost City.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday fellow Gemini, my Bday is Saturday. If it was me I'd pick the Opus, although that Ezra lancero looks mighty tasty as well. I'm going for a Padron family reserve 85 yr or an Avo Campaneros from 2009. Cheers!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    go with whatever fuente is the most aged
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    blutattoo:
    Happy Birthday fellow Gemini, my Bday is Saturday. If it was me I'd pick the Opus, although that Ezra lancero looks mighty tasty as well. I'm going for a Padron family reserve 85 yr or an Avo Campaneros from 2009. Cheers!

Hey, that's awesome Jason! Happy birthday, bro.
    kuzi16:

I think the Opus has almost 6 months on it. Not sure about the Anejo, I'd have to ask bandyt09 or pelirrojo.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    kuzi16:

I think the Opus has almost 6 months on it. Not sure about the Anejo, I'd have to ask bandyt09 or pelirrojo.
    opusx needs atleast one year to actually be the cigar it wants to be. they age so well that it is worth holding off to next birthday to smoke it. the Anejo ages well but is good fresh as well. go with that.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Chemnitz:
    kuzi16:

opusx needs atleast one year to actually be the cigar it wants to be. they age so well that it is worth holding off to next birthday to smoke it. the Anejo ages well but is good fresh as well. go with that.
    +1, if the anejo came from Bandyt, chances are it already has some age on it
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Opus
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Chemnitz:
    kuzi16:

Good to know. I purchased an Opus X as a birthday cigar a couple months ago. Will have to save it for next year I guess.
    Thank you everyone for the votes. I am looking forward to trying each and every one of these cigars sometime. But for tomorrow one of the Fuentes won. I'm definitely taking Kuzi's advice and aging the Opus for at least a year. So tomorrow I smoke my first Anejo and I am stoked! I'm actually going to have an AVO Classic in the morning with my free Starbucks birthday coffee (yes!). Then have the Anejo in the evening. Hope you all have a great Friday!

Anejo wins!!!
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday. Day sounds like it is shaping up just fine. AVO and a coffee to start.
    The Kid:
    That was great! I watched the whole thing. Wondering how you got my baby photo? :)
    rsherman24:
    Happy Birthday. Day sounds like it is shaping up just fine. AVO and a coffee to start.
    I've never done this before, I'm normally a evening cigar guy. It was fantastic.
    Chemnitz:
    rsherman24:
    I've never done this before, I'm normally a evening cigar guy. It was fantastic.

I was the same way, but now I look forward to a morning cigar with coffee whenever I can. Usually a connie or an AVO XO with some espresso. Great way to start a day
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    So a birthday and a cigar lotto in the same week? Man sounds like a ton of fun.
    brianetz1:
    Yeah, I'm pinching myself. This has been an unbelievable couple of days! 'Ton of fun' is right!!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    Oh yeah, I completely forgot about his Birthday this past week. 28 5 packs flying in should help with the getting older thing. Lol
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    SleevePlz:
    brianetz1:
    Oh yeah, I completely forgot about his Birthday this past week. 28 5 packs flying in should help with the getting older thing. Lol

Because I’m happy
    Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
    Because I’m happy
    Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
    Because I’m happy
    Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
    Because I’m happy
    Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do