Home Ratings & Reviews

Costa Rican cigars

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone tried any? Thoughts? Brands to seek out? Brands to avoid?
-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Brun del Rey is good. I dig them, but not all are puro really. I just got some others from another brand but they are in the freezer. I like Costa Rican Maduro personally and always seek it out.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! I may be traveling there in the fall and I have been trying to do some research on cigars but it seems very little is written about them.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I know some folks that love them to death. Most are made with Nica or DR tobacco as well. However, they grow wrapper leaf there, and puro's can be had. I have some older puro's from a company that is out of business now. Brun Del Rey is the big one. The owner Carlo is a great guy.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Brun del Rey is good. I dig them, but not all are puro really. I just got some others from another brand but they are in the freezer. I like Costa Rican Maduro personally and always seek it out.
    I dont see many cigars with costa rican maduro but I really enjoy em!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm with Dustin on this, my favorite wrapper of all time is Costa Rican maduro and it's wAy underutilized. A great example is from a reeeeally small boutique blender called Adrain's Costa Rican Cigars(google it, I think they're on face book), excellent maduro cigar.