Home General Discussion
Options

I FINALLY GOT AN OPUS X - any suggestions?

Well today i ran across a shop that had OpusX and i bought a Super Belisco... Any suggestions or tips for this cigar? Is it strong and need a good meal? Better with a certain drink? Also, should i let it age in my humidor? If so about how long? Just curious. For the price i dont figure ill get too many of them so want my experience to be the best possible lol

Comments

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    They are strong, so prepare accordingly. Do you have any idea how much age it had at the shop? Around here, I've bought Opus with some significant age because they just don't fly off the shelves. Other places, you will only find the most recent release. Maybe try calling the place and asking if they know when those arrived.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jkallen83jkallen83 Posts: 142
    I would assume these are nit flying off the shelf because i didnt know the shop existed AND inside the humidor room was another room with keypad lock and the let in one person at a time while they supervised u for these type cigars. Cheapest price in there was $25+. Yep mine came from that room lol. Im proud of it anyway lol
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    If it's relatively fresh, it's going to be a flavor bomb and very strong. After a year or two, it settles to being med to full strength with all the great flavors still, but smoother. I need to revisit them. Last time I smoked an Opus was 4 years ago.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can totally relate...The3Stogies sent me one and I can't walk past the humidor without leaning towards it. But I am going to wait.......so help me.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Huh seeing how you've been on this forum for such a long time you should have had a opus by now!! I'm still waiting on this years release to come into the b&m it shouldn't be long though I hope! They are already late
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    jkallen83jkallen83 Posts: 142
    Lee i been smoking just been busy and limited internet to get on herem tempted to order an OpusX online but never have, so when i found a B&M with a stock of them, it was more than i could handle lol..shes aging in the humidor now... Other than that been enjoying my Oliva O's and a couple RP 1990s