Home Cigar 101
Options

COTM club: what cigar is this?

I know there are problems in the world like poverty and hunger, but I have a REAL problem. I can't identify one premium cigar sent to me by the Cigar of the Month club!

I finally joined the double COTM club this month, so I got the nice bonus of the 5x2 premium cigars instead of the themed and explained normal monthly package. I guess since it's the first month I don't have anything telling me what they are. I was able to identify four of the pairs by their labels- Greycliff 1666, Gurkha Titan, Sol Cubano Artisan, and Padilla 1932- but there's a Gurkha I can't identify yet.

It's a perfecto and I estimate it at 6 inches long and I think a 60 ring gauge, so I think I've narrowed it down to the Master's Select or Centurian based solely on shape and pictures of the label from the Ccom website. I'm still relatively inexperienced so I can't readily identify it based on the shade of the wrapper, and both of those cigars share a common label and size.

Is anyone either enlightened as to this month's new member package or able to tell me how to tell exactly what cigar this is? I'd like to know so if I need to add it to my favorites list, I choose the right one!

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    thekenny17:
    I know there are problems in the world like poverty and hunger, but I have a REAL problem. I can't identify one premium cigar sent to me by the Cigar of the Month club!

I finally joined the double COTM club this month, so I got the nice bonus of the 5x2 premium cigars instead of the themed and explained normal monthly package. I guess since it's the first month I don't have anything telling me what they are. I was able to identify four of the pairs by their labels- Greycliff 1666, Gurkha Titan, Sol Cubano Artisan, and Padilla 1932- but there's a Gurkha I can't identify yet.

It's a perfecto and I estimate it at 6 inches long and I think a 60 ring gauge, so I think I've narrowed it down to the Master's Select or Centurian based solely on shape and pictures of the label from the Ccom website. I'm still relatively inexperienced so I can't readily identify it based on the shade of the wrapper, and both of those cigars share a common label and size.

Is anyone either enlightened as to this month's new member package or able to tell me how to tell exactly what cigar this is? I'd like to know so if I need to add it to my favorites list, I choose the right one!
    Hello, can you post a picture of the stick? If not maybe you can give C.COM a call and they can tell you.
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    According to the sheet that came with mine, it's the Centurian.
  • Options
    Hey, thanks for the hookup. I guess they forgot to include my sheet, but hey they more than made up for it with the content of the order!

I guess the new question would be since I've never had a perfecto, how do I light this thing? Do I snip both ends or light it as is?
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off the description you gave I also agree it is the Centurian. I have a perfecto sitting in my humi waiting to get smoked up and slobbered on.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Centurian would be my guess too.
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    thekenny17:
    Hey, thanks for the hookup. I guess they forgot to include my sheet, but hey they more than made up for it with the content of the order!

I guess the new question would be since I've never had a perfecto, how do I light this thing? Do I snip both ends or light it as is?
    I snip a little off the front and normal off the back. I have heard other people smoke theres a little differently than that though.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    thekenny17:

The only perfecto I've ever had is the Fuente Hemingway. I just cut off the cap, and light it as is. It burns perfectly for me. I find it easier to light as well, because there's not as much space to cover with the flame.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I've gotten the first order of the COTMC before.... Send the sticks my way and I'll let ya know, but just so you know that when I ship it back that my Post office has been switching my "FINE" cigars that I send out with Backwoods cigars....

I'll let you pay for the insurance and duke it out with them
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I have smoked a couple of these cigars. I just light it up. It burns great, I have never had a problem. The draw is always a little tight until it opens up more though. That is a great stick btw, Enjoy!
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Lasabar:
    I've gotten the first order of the COTMC before.... Send the sticks my way and I'll let ya know, but just so you know that when I ship it back that my Post office has been switching my "FINE" cigars that I send out with Backwoods cigars....

I'll let you pay for the insurance and duke it out with them
    Very big of you :)
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I hated the SC Artisan, but it looked nice.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    cabinetmaker:
    I hated the SC Artisan, but it looked nice.
    I wouldn't go as far to say that i hated it, but it was definitely more of a show piece, and DEFINITELY not worth the $22 I paid for it!