Home Cigar 101
Options

Crumbles from Heartfelt tube

TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
I just noticed that there seems to be quite a bit of crumbles coming out of my Heartfelt tube. What's up with that?

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Rapid induction of water causes the beads to "Flake"

completely normal and doesn't affect your beads from working, even the flakes regulate Rh!

IF you don't want this or HATE this then try to induce water a little slower or better yet wrap your tube of beads in a damp towel and the beads will absorb the moisture naturally and won't crumble at all
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Solid words of advice. I was afraid that maybe I over charged them and they exploded!
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    Wow I was just about to ask this same question. So if I always fill my beads "quickly" by dumping water on them will they eventually all turn to flake and fall out of my tube?
  • Options
    JKTexJKTex Posts: 92
    That explains it.  Mine do it a little, and it made sense that they were cracking or flaking.  I pour water in from the ends of the tubes.  I may try the rag wrapped around the tubes next time.

Although, I really don't have to do much with mine.  Maybe a slight re-charge of 1 tube in each humi. every 3-4 weeks.

I love the beads!  Big Smile [:D]
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    4bob4:
    Wow I was just about to ask this same question. So if I always fill my beads "quickly" by dumping water on them will they eventually all turn to flake and fall out of my tube?
    I don't think they'd disappear over time, just be careful with what you do with the water... My method is to use a very fine stream or a MIST of water, this seems to control the flaking almost 100%
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    Lasabar:
    My method is to use a very fine stream or a MIST
    I don't care how good you think you are, no one can control that