Home Cigar 101
Options

Heartfelt beads tubes or rectangular box

Hey what do you guys think tube better or box style, im getting ready to purchase and i was wondering witch one is better?

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Anthony24:
    Hey what do you guys think tube better or box style, im getting ready to purchase and i was wondering witch one is better?
    Box style may have more surface area, yet the tube is handy-er because you can put it where actual cigars go and put the right Rh "In the Mix"

If you have the space or the accommodation do the box, if your humi is tight, go with the tube
  • Options
    Ok thank you very much for the input.
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    ive found they work better with more exposed surface area. so a tube with only breathing holes wont work too well.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I say get a pound or two, then get a open faced box or something and put it in your humi. I do that in one of mine, and also you can empty out the ones that come with humis (rectangle enclosures with the green pad inside) and use them just use some nylons or something to put the beads in. It's cheaper than actually ordering them from heartfield.
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Anthony24:
    Box style may have more surface area, yet the tube is handy-er because you can put it where actual cigars go and put the right Rh "In the Mix"

If you have the space or the accommodation do the box, if your humi is tight, go with the tube
    To quote what others have said, I just picked between the two you said... my personal setup is to buy the beads by the pound and then have them in nylons or little dishes... that's the Cheapest and best way to do it... if you have the money or the space
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I just divided a pound into 4 and put each bunch in a tied off nylon. Just wrap it in a damp rag when you need to recharge.
  • Options
    One2gofst:
    I just divided a pound into 4 and put each bunch in a tied off nylon. Just wrap it in a damp rag when you need to recharge.
    Just make sure you tell the cashier at the Grocery store why a grown a$$ man is buying Panyhose... Otherwise you look weird
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I did pretty much the same here. I bought a half pound and one of their little bags to go along with it. Most of the beads are in the bag while some live in the original humidifier that came with my humi. I took the green foam out and filled it with beads.

I figure it helps to even things out a little bit having a humidification device on the top and bottom of the humi. Their tubs look like a great idea though. One of those would have worked just fine. My half pound is way overkill for my humi!!
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    One2gofst:
    Just make sure you tell the cashier at the Grocery store why a grown a$$ man is buying Panyhose... Otherwise you look weird
    Cashier nothin', I used my girlfriends. That way they are already "seasoned"
  • Options
    BTW, how does one inset line breaks on this forum?
  • Options
    Thank guys for your replies, i went with actually buying the one pound bag of beads and the nylon bag, and we see how it goes. Thanks
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    One2gofst:
    You use BR in these kind of brackets <>
  • Options
    laker1963:
    One2gofst:
    You use BR in these kind of brackets <>
    Thank
    You
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    for those of you who put the beads in a tied off nylon, would that not get everything wet, or do the beads not get wet?
  • Options
    They aren't dripping wet, just damp. Doesn't create a problem at all, as the beads hold the moisture but aren't really "wet" themselves.
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    One2gofst:
    They aren't dripping wet, just damp. Doesn't create a problem at all, as the beads hold the moisture but aren't really "wet" themselves.
    So do you place them straight on the wood? do they touch the cigars?
  • Options
    They don't touch the cigars. You can put them wherever works best for you. I have a fan in my humidor to circulate the air as well, so I just put a bag in each corner.
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    I got the half pound bag they offer for like 3 bucks, its got a drawstring, and i set it adjacent the cigars, with a divider between them, up high in my humidor (I have a 7 drawer tower). Also, my humi came with the typical green foam stuff, but it was in small trays, shaped like long thin box pressed cigars, 1 for each drawer, so I dumped that out and used the little plastic trays for my beads, but nylons won't fit in there, so I just keep from turning them over, or they spill. Keeps the beads spread out. Works pretty well for me, I only recharge every few months or so.